No Map instaled error Go600

BentG
BentG Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Hi TomTom,

I cannot update my Go 600 nav device.
There is currently no map.
There is not enough memory to put a map on.
I have a memory card 32gb.

I have formatted memory card to FAT32 on my pc.

You cannot format the cards in the TomTom as it is stuck in a mode where it just says that you have no map. A screen does flash up about the memory card occasionally but you can't choose to use it for maps or routes. You cannot see the memory card on my drive connect either.

Looking at other posts this seems to be a problem with the device getting "stuck" because it has no map loaded onto it.

From another post the rekomandation var to download smaller map to internal memory, but I cant faind any witout having to pay for dem. Have a supscription for Europa,

Please can you send a small base map to my account so that the device will operate and then it should give me the screens and options to use the memory card to upload a larger map to the memory card.

I think this is the only way to fix this. We need a map that is small enough for the useable memory on the Go 600

I've tried a soft reset with no success.
You can not get to any menus to do a factory reset because the device is stuck in the "no map" mode. This shuld be an easy fix for you in an update to device software.

Best Answer

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,315
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @BentG
    Welcome to the site....
    Re... 8GB NAV4 Device's & Catch22...
    The early Maps fitted easily onto 8 GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update....
    The Map size now exceeds the 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices, this is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 9 GB....

Maybe useful...
    Updating the device using the 'MyDrive Connect' 'My Contents' tab
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1145486/8gb-nav4-devices-catch22-installing-maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers