Has anyone had to return their TomTom device for repair?

c145hoo
c145hoo Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
edited August 12 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I've been sent a UPS label, (A4 size) so this will completely wrap around the box I'm sending the device back, apparently this is going to Romania for repair! Also I've have to sign 3 x invoices (also A4) in size and put one inside the package and the other 2 attach (somehow) to the package (at this rate the package/box will become enormous what with an A4 label & 2 x A4 invoices all sellotaped to the small box!). Anyone know how I'm suppose to do this - UPS, are pretty unhelpful, other than saying attach them to the package!!!!!

Best Answer

• Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 475
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    @c145hoo

This additional paper trail is down to the UK leaving the EU (Brexit) as effectively you are making a “Temporary Export to Romania for Repair” and then re-importing the device once repaired back to the UK and the Customs people use the invoices and other necessary forms to track all this or collect duties and taxes if there is no paperwork. ……….. . :(

The invoices that TomTom supplied for you to sign should be attached to the outside of the box and can be folded inside a plastic bag or similar with the bag taped to the outside of the box just so the Shipping Company or Customs may retrieve them easily. That’s what I did (I left one side of the bag untaped/open so they could easily extract the invoice) when sending my device back to TomTom.

You can get sticky plastic bag shipping labels with a slot where you can place the additional forms inside, a lot of companies use them, bit over kill for us individuals.

Answers

• c145hoo
    Apprentice Seeker
    P.S. I am in the UK
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,098
    Elite Voyager
    Take a box larger than the package you need to send to Tomtom add the A4 invoices then send.
  • c145hoo
    Apprentice Seeker
    P.S. I am in the UK

Willy875, thanks. It seem totally inept to send a tomtom device the size of a paperback book in a box that is A4 x A4 x A4 so I can stick the delivery (A4) label on one side, 1 x (A4) invoice on another side and the 2nd copy invoice (A4) on the third size........
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,098
    Elite Voyager
    take a box adapted to the GPS
    the invoices are to be put inside the package on the cardboard, you only stick the UPS label.
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 475
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    @c145hoo

This additional paper trail is down to the UK leaving the EU (Brexit) as effectively you are making a “Temporary Export to Romania for Repair” and then re-importing the device once repaired back to the UK and the Customs people use the invoices and other necessary forms to track all this or collect duties and taxes if there is no paperwork. ……….. . :(

The invoices that TomTom supplied for you to sign should be attached to the outside of the box and can be folded inside a plastic bag or similar with the bag taped to the outside of the box just so the Shipping Company or Customs may retrieve them easily. That’s what I did (I left one side of the bag untaped/open so they could easily extract the invoice) when sending my device back to TomTom.

You can get sticky plastic bag shipping labels with a slot where you can place the additional forms inside, a lot of companies use them, bit over kill for us individuals.

• c145hoo
    Apprentice Seeker
    Willy875, sorry but you are wrong, whilst one copy invoice is to be put inside the package, the other two need to be attached to the package on the outside. Lost_soul has provided the correct information and a solution. Thank you both though for your efforts.