No voice on my app

srna513006
srna513006 The NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
In my Nissan Qashqai 1.3 TomTom is also built into the standard navigation, but because it has been more than 1 year since the last map update has taken place, I have now switched to TomTom Go.
Since 2 weeks I have a subscription to TomTom Go and installed the app on my iPhone XR.
Everything functions as desired, only when navigating there is no voice sound.
I connect the iPhone via Bluetooth to the navigation in my Nissan Qashqai 1.3 DCT Tekna+ (2020).
When I start the TomTom Go app, the navigation works fine, but I don't get a voice.
If I perform the same procedure on my iPhone with the apps Sygic or Google Maps navigation, the voice is still displayed.
Does anyone have an idea why I am not receiving a voice sound from the Nissan radio on the TomTom Go app.
I also have the idea that the TomTom Go app doesn't play any sound on my iPhone either, but I don't know how to simply test that.

Comments

• Palferman
    Palferman Registered Users Posts: 131
    Supreme Navigator
    To test the sound on the iPhone you could plan a short route then press
    Menu
    Current Route
    Play Route Preview
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,486
    Community Manager
    I'm not sure if this is fixed by now. It's probably best to try on the phone without connecting to CarPlay first. To be sure the app is playing a voice prompt, go to Menu > Settings > Voices. Tap Choose a voice and then tap on the selected voice. Right after that press the physical volume-up button on your iPhone.
  • srna513006
    srna513006 The NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    I recently got a subscription to TomTom GO and I like it just fine except for one thing, I don't hear any voices during navigation.
    The TomTom Go app is installed on an iPhone XR.
    During navigation, the iPhone is connected to my Nissan Qashqai via Bluetooth and the sound of Xander, Bram or Eva should be audible through the car's speakers.
    If I use Google Maps or the Sygic app in the same way, I hear the voice fine, so it works fine.

Now I can actually only test the voices while driving and that is quite difficult.
    Is there a possibility to test the voices without driving the car?
    Does anyone have an idea what could be causing the voices to be inaudible?
    Sincerely.
    Jurgen