Trying to make space for new maps, memory expansion GO 500 tomtom

Taupo
Taupo Registered Users Posts: 19
Master Explorer
Good morning from NZ and hope you can help...I have a trusty old GO500 - battery is stuffed but works fine plugged in. Storage is full. I need to delete old Western Europe map and buy new UK map for trip next year. Unable to navigate (hollow laughter) the my drive website to achieve this as it gives me no options for deleting and/or purchasing a new map - only for upgrading current products. Have tried downloading 'my drive' in case I am in the wrong place but it won't download. Am using NZ website as am in NZ. What the hell am I doing wrong please and thankyou???!!

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,116
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Taupo

I would always recommend a 16gb or Maximum 32gb micro SD Class 10 card.

Doug

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,235
    Elite Voyager
    Hi

If it's a GO 500 that connects to Tomtom Home, your device is no longer supported by Tomtom, so you can no longer buy a card.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Taupo

Have you got an extra memory card fitted in your GO500 and if so how much free memory have you got on the Internal and Extra memory.

Doug
  • Taupo
    Master Explorer
    Hi Doug - thanks so much for replying. I have 108mb internal memory and a 7.91gb memory card. I see I have been offered a map of the world for NZ$69 and then download whatever part of the world I need - but it doesn' t tell me how much memory I will need for each map! The only info I have been able to find is a reply you made in 2019 saying Europe was 9.3 gb (I really only need the UK but I guess an updated NZ and Australia would be useful in future....) The 3 maps I have loaded are the Western Europe Map (expired) and Australia and New Zealand Lifetime Maps.
    If the UK is part of Western Europe then I think I will need more space . I can also update my Western Europe Map for $99 for one year which is crazy - the world map is a better offer.
    So - I guess I will need a new micro San disk - but what size to be safe do you think?
    Thanks so much - it is very kind of you to take the time and trouble.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Taupo

I would always recommend a 16gb or Maximum 32gb micro SD Class 10 card.

Doug
  • Taupo
    Master Explorer
    Thanks heaps Doug have bought 32 card and downloaded the maps I need. You guys are awesome and much appreciated 👍😊
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Taupo

Glad you are sorted.

Doug