Pick an alternative route.? How? GO Essential tomtom

Tafia
Tafia Registered Users Posts: 30
Master Explorer
edited August 8 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi, if I wish for example, to go to Ellesmere Port and TomTOm gives me just one route option which does not pass through Whitby, how do I ask for directions to drive via Whitby?

With AA route finder I have the option to drive via Whitby but don't see a way to do that with TomTom. I can't programme it in as a stop on the route as the only route offered does not go via Whitby.

I guess there must be a way.

Thanks.

Cheers

Best Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,611
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

If you want to drive through (Whitby) you need to add a stopover by tapping on the town name or plan the route via Mydrive.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,055
    Superuser
    edited August 7 Answer ✓
    Hi @Tafia

If you create a route on the device from A to B and it is displayed you can either use the Search facility or Press on the screen where you want to go. You get a menu next to this additional place and if you Tap the 3 vertical Dots next to Drive you can Select Add to Route.

Doug

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,611
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

If you want to drive through (Whitby) you need to add a stopover by tapping on the town name or plan the route via Mydrive.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,055
    Superuser
    edited August 7 Answer ✓
    Hi @Tafia

If you create a route on the device from A to B and it is displayed you can either use the Search facility or Press on the screen where you want to go. You get a menu next to this additional place and if you Tap the 3 vertical Dots next to Drive you can Select Add to Route.

Doug
  • Tafia
    Tafia Registered Users Posts: 30
    Master Explorer
    Many thanks folks.

Stay safe