Various issues TomTom Rider 40

Marc147
Marc147 Registered Users Posts: 5
Novice Seeker
I use the device for several years, both using the synchronising option with MyDrive en import gpx-tracks with usb-cable. For a few weeks both options don't work anymore. There no errors or faults. The system is correctly connected tot the MyDrive-app via bluetoothtethering. MyDrive is activitated on the system. But nothing synchronises.
When I try a connection with the original usb-cable, i don't get the importscreen on the TomTom. What can be the issue here.
Tagged:

Answers

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,552
     Superuser
    Marc147 wrote: »
    The system is correctly connected tot the MyDrive-app via bluetoothtethering.
    I don't quite follow you on this point.
    You have the MyDrive app on your smartphone. To transfer a file via USB you have to connect it to a PC.
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/rider_400_40/html/en-gb/index.htm#ImportingroutesfromyourcomputerusingUSB-Wings.htm

Or have you created a route in the MyDrive App on your Phone and want to sync that route on yor rider?
  • Marc147
    Novice Seeker
    @Lochfrass, thank you for the quick response. To clarify: I use both MyDrive on the laptop and on my smartphone. On the laptop I use sometimes the USB-cable and sometimes they synchronize option. They both don't work anymore with my system. On my smartphone is use only the synchronize option. That doesn't work either anymore.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,606
    Elite Voyager
    @Marc147

Factory reset the device and then log in again with your login credentials.
  • Marc147
    Novice Seeker
    @Willy875: how do I perform a factory reset?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,606
    Elite Voyager
    Go to Menu > Settings > System > select > Reset device.
  • Marc147
    Novice Seeker
    @Willy875: thanks, that solved the problem with the synchronisation. But import via the USB-cable from the laptop still don't work.
  • raesewell
    raesewell Registered Users Posts: 188
    Exalted Navigator
    When plugging into the PC you may have to plug in and unplug and plug in again.
  • Marc147
    Novice Seeker
    @raesewell: I tried that several times without any effect.