GO PREMIUM X: Traffic service active/functioning or not?

Woods
Woods Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
When I go to Settings > About > Subscriptions, my device tells me Traffic is activated. And when I tap Traffic, my device confirms that I am receiving traffic updates every 2 minutes and that I have a subscription to TomTom Traffic.

At the same time though, when I tap Menu in the right upper corner an icon informs me that Traffic is not active and when I tap that icon my device confirms Traffic service is not available:
4btuexttyc3p.jpeg

When I tap that message, my device tells me that there are problems accessing TomTom Services and that I should try again later:
vju0i0md4jyj.jpeg

I've already tried to access Traffic service again a lot of times, I've already reset my device the proper way many times, TomTom is allowed to use my location and the information I enter to receive TomTom services and I've already had a TomTom-representative (or volunteer, I'm not sure, I'm new to this forum) check my settings and - to my surprise - confirm my settings and services "look good'.

I'm really confused at the moment. Do the messages above refer to the same service and contradict each other or is the first Traffic service not the same as the second Traffic service mentioned? At the moment my device is not helping me avoid traffic jams at all. With earlier TomTom devices, I paid for a Traffic Services subscription and had my device constantly avoid traffic jams and offering me the fastest route. That's the service I'm looking for (and already have paid for by purchasing GO PREMIUM X), unfortunately TomTom has no customer service you can call to have services restored you already paid for.

Thank you for your support. :)

Answers

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 414
    Supreme Pioneer
  • Woods
    Apprentice Seeker
    @Fergussion

Thank you for that video and pointing out my problem could be related to SIM connectivity, I've been able to have an email sent to a customer service member. I'll let you know the result of that once the mail has been taken care of.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,158
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Woods
    Welcome to the site....
    Re... GPRS SIM connection on the Tomtom Live devices....
    There are 3 Data connection options that can have a higher/priority/override the Built-in GPRS SIM....
    To check the Data Connection status....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About…
    Scroll down to Data Connection & GPRS Status....
    What does the device report...???

For further Info...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1752190/#Comment_1752190

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Woods
    Apprentice Seeker
    @YamFazMan

Thank you. :) I already had that checked, my device reports:

Traffic: activated
    Speed Camera Updates: activated
    Data connection: built in SIM
    GPRS-status: Connected

I'm gonna check your link.
  • Woods
    Apprentice Seeker
    @YamFazMan

Awes :) me: your link has provided me with a work around solution. Connecting via Bluetooth and my Hotspot, without having to use/install My Drive App, is a big help for now, but I still would like to know though what the real problem/solution is. I would like to have my device functioning without using my phone. The TomTom Customer Care representative that takes care of my e-mail hopefully will provide that answer, I will share his/her findings/solution here with you/the forum.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,158
     Superuser
    edited August 6
    Hi
    @Woods
    I find this useful to see if the SIM is active...
    The RF shielding on my PC sound system is not very good, If I turn on the Tomtom device (With a SIM card) and place near the speaker/s
    I can hear the feedback from Tomtom SIM Data exchange and the Card logging in/out

Also, if you have a small portable AM Radio set to around 800kHz you can hear the SIM card Data exchange and the Card logging in/out

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Woods
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi @YamFazMan,

Sorry for late response: I was on a holiday. Thank you for your support, I've succeeded in reaching real human customer support. A TomTom representative has changed some settings in the back end of my system, and we've emailed a lot back and forth this week, but it is still unclear to me if Traffic is working/active or not. I've asked the TT-representative to explain to me how I can see/check if Traffic is active and working. It should be active, but my device still tells me Traffic is not active. I have not received an answer to my last email with questions, but I suppose I will get that in short time.