My Drive / My Drive Connect - Cannot log in via device but can via my computer and/ or Laptop

MrTorchy
MrTorchy Registered Users Posts: 6
New Seeker
Hi, I have a Camper Max which connects to the computer or lapton via the USB okay. I can connect the device to my phone via Bluetooth and WiFi okay too. The problem is, I cannot connect to TomTom account on the device to sync with My Drive, and comes up with this error " Oops - We are having trouble accessing TomTom services. Please try again later.
I did get connected once, after I did a factory reset and tried, but after that I get the same old message as above.
Why ! and how can I get this sorted.

Comments

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,431
     Superuser
    Set it to factory settings and then go outside that the device gets an gps fix. When it has a gps fix go inside and continue the setup.
    Connect it to your wifi and try to log in in the device.
    Hope it works this way.
  • MrTorchy
    New Seeker
    Nope, still no access.
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    edited August 3
    :s Then i hope the Moderators @VikramK or @lampard have an idea where it stuck.
  • MrTorchy
    New Seeker
    I've tried probably everything. Everything works and I can use everything, except I cannot connect via my device to my TomTom account to sync data.
    Never had this trouble with previous TomTom's.... seems just this one.

I give up !
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    One more cause could be.
    If you have a password with special characters, try a password with letters and numbers only.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,283
    Hi @MrTorchy
    We have prepared an article with all possible ways to troubleshoot the MyDrive login issue, have a look-
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1147301/go-discover-expert-unable-to-login-mydrive-error-were-having-trouble-accessing-tomtom-services

Thank you,
    Vikram.
  • MrTorchy
    New Seeker
    Thank you Vikram
  • MrTorchy
    New Seeker
    Mine does have special characters and I will try resetting my password without them. Thank you.
    Can't do this until later tonight.
  • MrTorchy
    New Seeker
    Thank you everyone for your advice. There is a bug in the system.
    By using a password without any special character will allow access via the device.
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Hey, thank you for the feedback.
    I remember last night. The bug is present since 3 or 4 jears.