How do I reinstall maps onto my SD card

IDF63
IDF63 Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
I have a new SD card and I have initialized it by putting it in my Mazda. I have put it in my PC and TomTom Home loads. It updates the card but it doesn't add maps. How do I get the original maps to install

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,611
    Elite Voyager
    Is your new SD card recognized by Tomtom Home?

Normally your old card is available in Home.
  • IDF63
    New Seeker
    My original SD was corrupt. I bought the car second hand. I followed the instructions on Mazda. Installed a fresh SD card and initialised it. Downloaded TomTom home which it recognised and it added the following folders - ephem, loopdir, statdata, TomTom-Cfg, voices and the file ttsystem but no maps. The serial number of the Mazda NB1 is showing so it must recognise the Mazda authenticity. I just need to know how to get the maps
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Restoring a map from a backup (TomTom HOME) https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013961239
  • IDF63
    New Seeker
    That's the problem. I only installed TomTom home after I realised that the original SD card was corrupt. I followed the advice for creating a new SD card and initialising it in the car but there is no backup to restore. Am I doomed?
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    If on your old SD you cannot recover the map, just buy a new map via Tomtom Home.