Sd card for mazda cx5 2016 navigation

GB21
GB21 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Does the sd card have to be an genuine mazda sd card? and can I use a US version of the SD card in an Australian car and update the maps for use in Australia? Thanks

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,283
    Hi @GB21
    GB21 wrote: »
    Does the sd card have to be an genuine mazda sd card?
    No, but cards with pre-installed maps won't work (maps are not transferrable). If you wish to use the same card then it first has to be formatted on a computer → reinitialized in the car (built-in system) → Update the map using TomTom HOME.

Detailed steps are available on our support article here
    Also check the compatible memory cards article - https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900980

If you have purchased the map of Australia or you have the map active on your account, then you can download it on the existing SD card.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • GB21
    GB21 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    the maps dont work. I was told by other mazda owners that BPD(-66-EZ1 mazda chip was the one I need to get. Can you please give me more information about sd cards as my car wont recognise a brand new sd card from the list of the ones you have mentioned above. I have also done the exact steps above and my car wont recognise the card. it says "Invalid SD card" Thank you.