GO 5000 update fail

markoek
markoek Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
I have tried to update my device (GO 5000). The biggest update is for Europe maps, in total of c. 8GB. The update goes until the end, and then the device and app give me the "failed update" message. Now I have NO MAPS on my device. My assumption is that the device memory is not enough. However, I also have a memory card inserted in device, with more than enough storage space, but it is not being used. I cannot solve this on my own, because the app doesn't offer me any choices for the saving location, and I need this update to use the device. Please help ASAP, since I am traveling in two days, and really need the maps.

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,330
    Answer ✓
    Hi @markoek
    Welcome to the community! A different version of the Europe maps has been activated on your account. This map should get offered in smaller map regions/countries.

Thanks,
    Vikram.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,055
    Superuser
    Hi @markoek

Look back tomorrow and see if @VikramK can add a small map to your account which you can then add to your unit. This should go on the internal memory. Once you have loaded this then remove the inserted memory card and restart the TT unit and when ready reinsert the extra memory card and see if it asks whether you want it Formatted for maps. If you have not Formatted it previously that would explain why it is not working.

Once you have loaded the small map then try reloading the main map which should go on the Extra memory card. The extra memory card should be a Micro SD Class 10 card which I would recommend is 16gb or Maximum 32 gb , anything bigger will not work. I would also recommend a Samsung, Sandisk or similar major make be used.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,330
    Answer ✓
    Hi @markoek
    Welcome to the community! A different version of the Europe maps has been activated on your account. This map should get offered in smaller map regions/countries.

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • markoek
    markoek Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hi @VikramK, the problem is solved, thanks a lot!

Marko