How to Update TomTom Navigation Built In on 2022 Chrysler Pacifica

T38Jett
T38Jett Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
How do I update my built-in TomTom navigation unit in my 2022 Chrysler Pacifica? I've downloaded the "MyDrive Connect" software, and have a USB cable plugged into my computer with the other end plugged into one of the USB ports in my vehicle, but it is not recognizing it. I see the message about using "the USB cable that came with the device" but an automobile NEVER comes with a USB cable.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• doctormstein1
    doctormstein1 Registered Users Posts: 160
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    edited July 30
    I do not have a Chrysler car, but on my 2022 Infiniti car, I have a few USB ports. Only one of them can I upload music or play android auto or use the internet. I also have to connect to the car's Bluetooth to get things to work. When connected to the correct USB port, your car should automatically guide you through a setup with Bluetooth. In some cars, you can set up a WiFi hotspot in the car but have to pay extra to your cell provider. Hope you can get a solution to your problem. When in doubt, there's always your dealership.
  • T38Jett
    T38Jett Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for the reply! I have at least 7 USB ports in my 2022 Pacifica S, so maybe I can just try plugging into all the different ports. Some are standard USB and some are USB-C but I will definitely try that. I also have the navigation unit connected to my home wifi, but that never seems to find any updates, at least not related to navigation. Bluetooth works fine too for connecting my phone, but I seriously doubt that will give me any route to updating the navigation maps. But thank you very much for the reply. It at least gives me the confidence that someone else out there is seeing my post. Hopefully the users have the answer I'm looking for.
  • doctormstein1
    doctormstein1 Registered Users Posts: 160
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    best of luck