Constantly Updating

Regulus
Regulus Registered Users Posts: 3
Novice Seeker
If the UK maps update constantly stuck updating what would be the issue here?
The file size is 7.5mb, I would like to get this issue resolved please as I have never come across this before. It should be able to complete all updates until there are no more.

Comments

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 398
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Regulus
    soft reset and update on speedy internet wifi
  • Regulus
    Regulus Registered Users Posts: 3
    Novice Seeker
    This is a new product and it had no trouble updating the first initial update of 1.5gb so I don't think internet speed is an issue for a 7.5mb download.

As for doing a reset, I have held the power button down already until you here the sound and let go as advised by Tom Tom live support and the issue still remains. It might be helpful for diagnosis if it told me the details of the update as users will be left wondering what is happening.

If it cannot be resolved I'm considering sending it back.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,132
     Superuser
    edited July 30
    Hi
    @Regulus
    Re the GO Discover....
    For the initial registration of the device to your account... You need to connect the device over Wi-Fi....
    For >> ALL << Map Installs & Map updates, the device >> MUST << be connected over Wi-Fi....

Are you at home with your GO Discover... Connected to a USB port on your PC for a power supply + MyDrive Connect running on your PC ???
    The USB connection will take priority over the Wi-Fi connection....

To power the device while updating try using something like a Smartphone or a Mains powered USB charger + The Tomtom USB lead)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM