Can I use my tom tom go 6200 in the usa? I was able to about 5 years ago when last visited.

Jason654321
Jason654321 Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
edited July 31 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have a tomtom go6200. I purchased this about 5 years ago. I have tried to look for updates but it states my tomtom is up to date. When I used it last I used it to take me around the USA. Now it will not recognise any addresses in USA. I wonder if this service has been stopped, if I am doing something wrong or if I have to be in the USA when searching for the addresses and not the UK? Last time I travelled I added all my destinations in the UK before I travelled to try be organised. Thanks in advance for your help.

Answers

• Jason654321
    New Seeker
    Hi, looking into my issue in more detail I can see it is because I have no USA map added. From what I have read I have lifetime maps with my Go 6200 (which is why I purchased it) but can not seem to download the USA map. I have reset as other mentioned (held on/off button down for 20 seconds) and gone to maps in settings. The only map that comes up is Europe. When I click on "add Map" all I can see is "available space" in blue with no option to add map?
    Any help would be appreciated.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,513
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

If the US map is not available come back on Monday, moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign you the service.
  • Jason654321
    New Seeker
    Hi Willy 875, my issue is I travel on Sunday and will struggle to do it from USA,

Thanks

Jason
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    No choice, only the moderator or customer service can verify your account and assign you the missing card.
  • Jason654321
    New Seeker
    Ok, thanks. I just down loaded my drive connect and tried to down load that way and they are trying to charge me. How do you get in contact with customer services? Not sure what a moderator is as new to all this but would that be you? Thanks for your help with this.
    What is I purchased Map, then when get home contact customer services and ask for refund as should have life time maps?
    Thanks again
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,035
    Superuser
    Hi @Jason654321

Have you got an extra memory card fitted in the unit as if not you will not have the available space to load the USA map. A Micro SD class 10 card either 16gb or maximum 32gb recommended from Sandisk, Samsung or similar leading make.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,291
    Hi @Jason654321
    Your TomTom (serial number ending 596) has two maps installed-

1. UK and ROI
    2. United States

You can switch between the installed maps-

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013898300

Regards,
    Vikram