Not recogniseing my vehicle

Bluey_boy74
Bluey_boy74 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Whilst driving in London today my go professional 6200 turned itself off and straight back on again, when it came back on the voice of the sat nav had changed and it sent me down 2 roads with low bridges, which it has never done, also when I get on the motor way the limit always said 60, which is right for a lorry, now it says 70, which leads me to think it thinks I'm in a car, but in the settings for my vehicle it still says lorry. This nav is only 7 months old. Any suggestions.

Best Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,135
     Superuser
    edited July 30 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Bluey_boy74
    Welcome to the site...
    Check Voice... See if a Computer Voice is being used ??? Serena or Malcolm here in the UK
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Voices... Choose Serena or Malcolm....
    The Serena & Malcolm voices are Computer voices and have a far greater vocabulary database when compared to say the recorded voice Jane....
    The Recorded and Novelty voices are alright for a bit of fun, but they are no match for a computer voice....

Check Map... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps... Check the 'Current Map' should be the >> Truck/Europe << Map...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,507
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

Go to Menu > Settings > System > select > Reset device.

Answers

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 400
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Bluey_boy74
    turn off mydrive sync on device
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,135
     Superuser
    edited July 30 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Bluey_boy74
    Welcome to the site...
    Check Voice... See if a Computer Voice is being used ??? Serena or Malcolm here in the UK
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Voices... Choose Serena or Malcolm....
    The Serena & Malcolm voices are Computer voices and have a far greater vocabulary database when compared to say the recorded voice Jane....
    The Recorded and Novelty voices are alright for a bit of fun, but they are no match for a computer voice....

Check Map... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps... Check the 'Current Map' should be the >> Truck/Europe << Map...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Bluey_boy74
    Bluey_boy74 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hi thanks for your reply, I did all you said it's all on the right settings, but when I put it on Serena and turn it on after about 5 mins the screen goes dark and when it comes back on the voice has changed, I don't want to take it out next week while I'm driving for it to do this and give me wrond directions. Any advice.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,507
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

Go to Menu > Settings > System > select > Reset device.