how to fix update problem

Patmills
Patmills Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
I have map v1085.11319 installed and there is an update showing on my account. Every time i try to update it stalls and does not perform update

Best Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,507
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Maybe a lack of space on the GPS did you insert an sd card.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,135
     Superuser
    edited July 29 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Patmills
    Re... 8GB NAV4 Device's & Catch22...
    The early Maps fitted easily onto 8 GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update....
    The Map size now exceeds the 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices, this is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 9 GB....
    Try updating your device using the 'MY CONTENT' menu of MyDrive Connect....
    Maybe useful... A couple of options to get past the 'No Maps Available' error that also stops access to the Memory Card Map Formatting Menu....

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1145486/8gb-nav4-devices-catch22-installing-maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,507
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Maybe a lack of space on the GPS did you insert an sd card.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,135
     Superuser
    edited July 29 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Patmills
    Re... 8GB NAV4 Device's & Catch22...
    The early Maps fitted easily onto 8 GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update....
    The Map size now exceeds the 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices, this is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 9 GB....
    Try updating your device using the 'MY CONTENT' menu of MyDrive Connect....
    Maybe useful... A couple of options to get past the 'No Maps Available' error that also stops access to the Memory Card Map Formatting Menu....

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1145486/8gb-nav4-devices-catch22-installing-maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM