Mission icons on the map in Android Auto

Athome-nl
Athome-nl Registered Users Posts: 8
Master Explorer
I've used TomTom Go and Android Auto for 8 days constantly.
In sidebar are multiple icons visible. Like gasstations, speedcams, traffic jams, etc, etc.
Al these icons are normally visible on the map when using TomTom Go on a smartphone.

But in Android Auto the icons are visible in the sidebar but not on the map. Only the speedcams and finishline of the route are visible on the map.

Please fix this.

Comments

• mapfanatic
    mapfanatic Registered Users Posts: 2,300
    Revered Voyager
    Hello @lampard,

I too miss new feature in NavGO+AA!

When can we expect see picture (example):

1. Traffic delay summery
    2. open parking lots (green dot)
    3. Display of petrol prices

6v7k6hgvbloj.png
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 675
    Revered Pioneer
    As already discussed the list of open problems and new features sent to Google by TT:

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues?q=status:open componentid:460472&s=created_time:desc
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 675
    Revered Pioneer
    This is a one of many interesting comment set by Google based on a feature request for more AA progressbar and submenue expansions.

"Our guidance is to always eliminate potentially distracting content for the driver."
    https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/179604846#comment2
  • Athome-nl
    Athome-nl Registered Users Posts: 8
    Master Explorer
    I don't think it is a Google thing.
    You refeer to a issue regarding the missing progress bar. I suppose the bar on right side was meant here. This one is available and proper functioning in TomTom Go.
    I mean the (some) missing icons on the screen which are visible in bar on the right.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,062
    edited August 4
    Hello @Athome-nl
    Athome-nl wrote: »
    I've used TomTom Go and Android Auto for 8 days constantly.
    In sidebar are multiple icons visible. Like gasstations, speedcams, traffic jams, etc, etc. All these icons are normally visible on the map when using TomTom Go on a smartphone. But in Android Auto the icons are visible in the sidebar but not on the map. Only the speedcams and finish line of the route are visible on the map.
    I need to check this with my team. Can you mention the App version, Phone model along with the Android version? (Not sure if it's possible for you to post a picture from the Android Auto screen )

I checked this with the team and it seems to be an Android Auto platform limitation. We try to keep the map view on HU less cluttered.

Best, lampard

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,062
    edited August 4
    Hi @mapfanatic
    mapfanatic wrote: »
    1. Traffic delay summery
    This is already in the pipeline, see the list here
    mapfanatic wrote: »
    2. open parking lots (green dot)
    3. Display of petrol prices
    I'll tag these as feature requests. Thank you!

Best, lampard
  • mapfanatic
    mapfanatic Registered Users Posts: 2,300
    Revered Voyager
    Hello @lampard

super, thanks.