Has map quality been deteriorating?

lkwarzecha
lkwarzecha Registered Users Posts: 1
Apprentice Seeker
I've been using TomTom devices for I think some 18 years now. For about 1,5 year I have an impression of maps constantly getting worse.
I live just outside Warsaw. There are lots of new roads built in my area, and most of them are not in the maps, even though they were opened some time ago. Today I drove through the city and a crossroads which was totally rebuilt month ago is still presented in the maps as a roundabout which it is no more. The proposed quickest routs are absurd, longer then other obvious choices (this started a few weeks ago).
In general, something is very wrong with TomTom, the change is visible and annoying, and I would really like to know if you have any similar impressions.
Tagged:

Comments

• mapfanatic
    mapfanatic Registered Users Posts: 2,296
    Revered Voyager
    as so often, it doesn't help, report it to the MSR!

o7fawbtv061i.png
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 444
    Supreme Pioneer
    @lkwarzecha

I have only been a TomTom user for some 6 years, but on my first day of using TomTom I was diverted incorrectly, traffic delays were not detected and was sent repeatedly into closed roads………. Despite reporting this on Mapshare Reporter it was not fixed! As almost exactly to the day a year later the TomTom diverted onto a “Closed Road” literally yards away from the above!!!! :s

Fast forward to 2021/2022, Mapshare Reporting/corrections have not improved, to the extent I have given up trying to report issues, map changes can be measured in Years not months or weeks as promised and I am still diverted on crazy/ illogical routes due to either phantom restrictions or poor road mapping where a restriction on a minor road is incorrectly applied to a main road.

And I feel the situation will only get worse following TomTom’s June press release saying they have reduced their Map unit staff by some 500. B)
  • Shawnloveshorses161
    Shawnloveshorses161 Registered Users Posts: 48
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Lost_Soul wrote: »
    @lkwarzecha

I have only been a TomTom user for some 6 years, but on my first day of using TomTom I was diverted incorrectly, traffic delays were not detected and was sent repeatedly into closed roads………. Despite reporting this on Mapshare Reporter it was not fixed! As almost exactly to the day a year later the TomTom diverted onto a “Closed Road” literally yards away from the above!!!! :s

Fast forward to 2021/2022, Mapshare Reporting/corrections have not improved, to the extent I have given up trying to report issues, map changes can be measured in Years not months or weeks as promised and I am still diverted on crazy/ illogical routes due to either phantom restrictions or poor road mapping where a restriction on a minor road is incorrectly applied to a main road.

And I feel the situation will only get worse following TomTom’s June press release saying they have reduced their Map unit staff by some 500. B)

Totally agree with you on that part