Renewal dates

GingerWalker
GingerWalker Registered Users Posts: 9
Apprentice Seeker
edited July 26 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
On 14th July I received an Email stating my Premium Service was due to expire n my TomTom Go Expert / Go Discovery 6”. I thought it could be a scam. I went onto this forum and after the advice I got, I was convinced it was not a scam and I renewed my service on 20th July. The Service was due to expire on the 21st July. I paid the full amount of £34.99. I received an Email of order confirmation and then a receipt.
The following day, 21st July I received an Email saying my trial was ending that day, but it wasn’t too late, as a sweetener the price was reduced by 10% off. That same day I spoke to a really helpful gentleman on the support line who explained that there is a known problem with the update and although it sayings it is outstanding on my TomTom the Premium service is working correctly in the background. On the 23rd July I got a further Email saying my service has expired but now I was offered a 30% discount. A total saving of £10.50. (I have kept all Emails.)
Today I was out in my vehicle and indeed the premium services were walking. I heard a set of instructions and glancing down I saw a black screen with “Renew your Premium Service before you continue your journey.”
Is it normal not to renew before the expiry date to get a bigger discount? Is there any update as the when the problem with the update will be sorted?

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,290
    edited July 26
    Is it normal not to renew before the expiry date to get a bigger discount?

Yes. The subscription will stay in pending status and only gets activated after the running subscription ends.
    Is there any update as the when the problem with the update will be sorted?
    You mean the 'Premium services showing expired'?
    We have a ticket opened to investigate the issue- CCARE-3518, there are no time frames for when the issue will be fixed.

Thanks.