speed & scale of map

etiennevrebos
etiennevrebos Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
Why does my TomTom rider doesn't have a scale in proportion with the speed .... I had nearly 10 Garmin ( on my motorcycles) who respond immediately to the speed and change scale when riding fast and get into details when riding slow ..... it makes life easier and safer .. now I'm continually with my fingers on + and - .... of course the sudden black screen happens too for a few seconds/minutes ..... and the continually changing from vertical to horizontal .... strange GPS ..... it's totally new .... 15 days in use .....

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,136
     Superuser
    edited July 25
    Hi
    @etiennevrebos
    I feel the default Zoom setting (Zoom into next turn) is useless for a bike especially in the countryside, where the zoom level is equivalent to the view from International Space Station....
    On the bike I prefer the Rider 550 zoom setting....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Automatic zoom... 'Based on road type'
    I also prefer the navigation screen set to '2D rotate in direction of travel'....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • kieron
    kieron Posts: 546
     Superuser
    Hi there @etiennevrebos -

With regards to the last part of your problem -

“of course the sudden black screen happens too for a few seconds/minutes ..... and the continually changing from vertical to horizontal”
    - this issue can normally be rectified by adjusting the Rider to a more vertical position as the inbuilt orientation sensor can become confused and will automatically switch to the portrait/landscape setting. Depending on where your Rider is actually fitted on your motorcycle and you are unable to adjust the position to your desired angle, you can go into the Rider Menu, then Settings, Appearance, then tap Display and at the bottom of the screen, enable Orientation lock (the slider turns green) to prevent the auto adjustment.
    I have my Rider set at this angle on my motorcycle (see photo) and do not have any issues.
    Hope this helps.
    gg9qr7qw9uz5.jpeg