MyDrive and other networks options, second had rider 420.

richardm3701
richardm3701 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Hi All. I've bought a second hand TomTom rider 420. I think it should come with traffic and map updates with the unit. I cant connect to the network through my phone or MyDrive despite being connected to my phone via Bluetooth. Should these be available if I do a factory hard reset? To be honest I'm not fussed if I have to subscribe to traffic and speed cameras etc. Just don't want to loose the up to date map I have if I do a hard reset. Thanks in advance. Richard.

Best Answer

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,158
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @richardm3701
    Welcome to the Site....
    If the device is 2nd Hand you will need to do a Factory Reset before you can register the device in you name...
    You won't lose The Maps the Map are linked to the devices serial number... But the setting will all be reset, as if the device was new....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System... Reset device....

If you need to keep the MyPlaces & Route...
    You will need to sync the Rider 420 with the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,158
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @richardm3701
    Welcome to the Site....
    If the device is 2nd Hand you will need to do a Factory Reset before you can register the device in you name...
    You won't lose The Maps the Map are linked to the devices serial number... But the setting will all be reset, as if the device was new....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System... Reset device....

If you need to keep the MyPlaces & Route...
    You will need to sync the Rider 420 with the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • richardm3701
    richardm3701 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    That's brilliant thank you. I've followed this through and I'm nearly there.. The TomTom services will connect through the laptop, but not through my phone for some reason. I've connected the phone to the TomTom and it works for calls, but for some reason it won't connect to the network through my phone! I'll keep plugging away, but any further tips greatly received. Thanks again for your help. Regards Richard