Item was not valid after installation - Mazda NB1 map update

johnbobz
johnbobz Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
I just purchased a new map for my Mazda NB1 using the TomTom HOME application. However, the map was unable to install. It stops on the "Install to Card reader" step with the error "Item was not valid after installation: USA_Canada"

The updated maps did not fit onto the original 4GB SD Card that came with the car, so I went through the process or inserting a larger blank SD card into the car and waiting for it to format it for TomTom. This worked, but I can't install the map now. Upon trying, I get the aforementioned error, and the map no longer appears available to add. When I try to view the maps installed on the card, HOME shows the map I tried to install but with a size "Tiny" and says it's invalid. I am able to remove the "Tiny" map and reinstall, but it just starts the cycle over.

For what it's worth, if I try to open and inspect the .zip directory directly in the downloaded map file, Windows also says the .zip file is invalid (not sure if that is normal).

How do I get assistance with this?

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,307
    Answer ✓
    Hi @johnbobz
    Sorry, probably a mistake at my end.
    Could you check for updates now, please?

Thanks,
    Vikram.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,050
    Superuser
    Hi @johnbobz

Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK has to say

Doug
  • VikramK
    Hi @johnbobz
    Welcome to the community!
    A different version of the map has been allocated to your TomTom account, check for updates in TomTom HOME.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • johnbobz
    Apprentice Traveler
    @VikramK I checked TomTomHOME and the updates show a new map for Europe. I need maps for USA.

My original SD card (which I discovered on installation is too small for the map update I purchased) is marked "US, Canada, Puerto Rico 2012 KD37 66 EZ1" if that helps point to what I need.
  • VikramK
    Answer ✓
    Hi @johnbobz
    Sorry, probably a mistake at my end.
    Could you check for updates now, please?

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • johnbobz
    Apprentice Traveler
    That worked, thank you! Glad to bring my maps into this decade! :)