Map incompatible Carminat TomTom renault grand scenic 2011

popticle
popticle Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
Hi, I hope someone can help. I recently bought this car (Tuesday) but the Satnav wasnt accurate and needed and update. I updated the SD card from the dash on tuesday evening and all was working fine, I went on a journey and noticed a new road wasnt on the maps, so i assumed there may be a map update so opened up TomTom Home and there was no free map update so safely removed the SD and replugged it back into the dash, however, it now says the map is incompatible and i have a red screen saying that only. Im in the UK and only need the UK map, i understand for fully up to date maps I need to buy the subscription? But how do i get the original map back so i can at least have it functioning again, I dont want to delete the map that is on there and then have to buy a map pack if I should be able to use the original one on there? I assume I cant use the mapshare function as that is greyed out on my TomTom home windows application? would a tomtom thats come with the car have a lifetime maps subscription or is that something seperate?

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,604
    Elite Voyager
    Hi

A Carminat does not have lifetime updates, you must purchase a subscription through Tomtom Home.
  • popticle
    Apprentice Seeker
    that's fine, the price is different than on the web store? but is there any way to get the map I had on back? it was only a day apart and i feel like if i had managed to time it that the old map functioned and now doesnt thats just really unfortunate on my part :D
  • popticle
    Apprentice Seeker
    i cant seem to edit the post but this is what it says
    Problem with map
    You cannot use this map on this device
    Unite_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-100876

it then says the same thing but in the top right of the screen is a black box that says
    Switching to 'United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland...

i assume there will be another number above it but i cant seem to find out how to make that box bigger to read the text
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,604
    Elite Voyager
    To recover a card either you made a backup of the SD on the computer or Tomtom Home makes a backup automatically.

In 2 cases looked on your computer if you don't have a Tomtom folder.
    Or ask the previous owner if he didn't keep a backup.

If you are missing roads, you may need to purchase a new map.
  • popticle
    Apprentice Seeker
    so if i need to purchase a new map do i do that on the tom tom home or website as the price is different?

is there anyway to get the map i had yesterday back on there. ive backed up but its only autobacked up today, i didnt have a backup on my account previously. it seems as though even though the files are on the TOMTOM SD card they dont seem to work? i can find them in the files on my PC
    gch3zdnjwzsp.png

• popticle
    Apprentice Seeker
    Bump?

Any ideas how I can get a functioning map back? Or do I absolutely have to buy one