other troubles with TomTom Go 520 - account email

BLL
BLL Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
I cannot change the email on the device. The email on the account is set. I can't remember the password.

If I zap the device and start over, everything I've read tells me I'll regret it (likely lose all my local changes).

It's my device! The userid must be somewhere in there, just a matter of changing it in storage.
I have the online account, the email on the device is mine. I can't believe there is NO simple solution to this!!

NOTE: I do have the code to get into the device! But it seems to require me to "login" to download updates to the device.

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,611
    Elite Voyager
    Go to Menu > Settings > System > select > Reset device.

Then you re-enter your Tomtom account login credentials.
  • BLL
    BLL Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Seeker
    The problem is that the device is not synced up with what is online. Thus I will lose everything. I can't sync it because I can't login to the device. Not being able to change my own email that is literally on the device seems a bit overkill, no?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,611
    Elite Voyager
    Reset the device you lose what's on the GPS you don't lose what's on your Mydrive account
    on the other hand if you have never connected your GPS to Mydrive ok you will lose everything.

To modify the e-mails of your GPS you have no choice but to reset the device.