Tomtom GO 520

Lezlike
Lezlike Registered Users Posts: 37
Master Explorer
Hi everyone! I would like to ask for help, today I bought a GO 520 device for myself, it is said that it has not been used yet. The factory film is still on everywhere, but unfortunately it does not recommend updating the map. Would it be possible to find out that it was not registered during the 3 months or could there be some other problem? It now has map v1035.9662. The speed cameras, however, have been updated. Thank you! Lezli.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,486
    Revered Voyager
    edited July 20
    Hi

Check back later the moderator @VikramK will look at your account and assign the service to you.

or contact customer service via chat
  • Lezlike
    Master Explorer
    O.k. thanks
  • Lezlike
    Master Explorer
    I plugged it in with a laptop and it updates only via WiFi, no update options other than speed cameras are recommended!
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,273
    Hi @Lezlike
    Welcome to the community!
    When the device is connected to a WiFi® network, go to -

Main menu > Settings >Updates & New Items > You should see the list is available map updates here.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Lezlike
    Master Explorer
    Could you possibly check which type this is, because it only has the lower part of the box and you can't tell? I bought it as a world map and lifetime speed camera subscription. But MyDrive Connect doesn't show it like that, it only shows a 3-month camera subscription. And only EU.
  • Lezlike
    Master Explorer
    6251_7fdfd1434e3c.jpg

520 or essential

1754_3bc334427a77.jpg

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,024
    Superuser
    Hi @Lezlike

The TT units with Worldwide Maps come with the map for the region in which the unit is initially sold preloaded. To load any of the other maps you need to go to Maps in Settings and select Add a map. If there are no maps offered there then please advise here and @VikramK can review your unit on the TT servers and sort out any issues so the maps become available.

Doug
  • Lezlike
    Master Explorer
    Hi! Everything is fine, it turned out that I bought a GO Essential 5 wifi device with lifetime EU update. It was advertised as a World Map and speed camera lifetime update device! Thank you for your help!
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,486
    Revered Voyager
    edited July 21
    Hi

@Lezlike

GO Essential 6 months free radar service after .you must purchase a subscription.

• Lezlike
    Master Explorer
    Thanks!