carminate tomtom radiosat renault traffic 2013 plate

1stevenmelling
1stevenmelling Registered Users Posts: 13
Master Explorer
i have a renault traffic 2013 plate carminate tomtom radiosat i put in the sd card then i switch on the ignition a egg timer comes up then the renault multimedia logo comes up then a kinda cross comes up for a few mins then it goes to the time and the temperature can someone please tell me what is going on with my system need all the experts to tell me whats happening.

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,291
    Hi @1stevenmelling

Welcome to the community!

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message by clicking on this link-https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/messages/add/VikramK, please ?

Thanks, Vikram
  • 1stevenmelling
    Master Explorer
    would this be the serial number on the back of the satnav screen
  • VikramK
    edited July 20
    Hi @1stevenmelling,

Please send me the system information (From TomTom HOME when the device/SD card is connected) through a private message by clicking on this link- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/messages/add/VikramK?
    TomTom HOME menu > help > System information > copy to the clipboard and paste the information in the private message.

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • 1stevenmelling
    Master Explorer
    edited July 22
    my serial number is IBxxxxxxxx16 just got off tom tom home but some how it willl not let me send all of the information from tom tom home

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks.
  • VikramK
    Thanks, @1stevenmelling
    A map has not been activated for your TomTom, just try the steps as below-

loxkd71o0o4h.jpg

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • 1stevenmelling
    Master Explorer
    thanks for the help will try that when i get home from work tonight not much time at moment and will let you know what happens regards steve.
  • 1stevenmelling
    Master Explorer
    sorry to bother just wanted to ask , will this also get my radio working and does the satnav control the radio multimedia system regards steve.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,513
    Revered Voyager
    sorry to bother just wanted to ask , will this also get my radio working and does the satnav control the radio multimedia system regards steve.

Hi

No, formatting your SD will not make your radio work if your radio is not working it is a hardware problem.
  • 1stevenmelling
    Master Explorer
    my radio power comes on but only bleeps when i press the cd button and that is it nothing else , so does this mean i need some sort of hardware cd disc to put it in the radio cd slot or what would you advice me to do i am lost but thanks for the info
  • 1stevenmelling
    Master Explorer
    i formatted the card put it in the sd card slot on my satnav comes up do not remove your sd card a few seconds go bye and then it says swiching to united kingdon and republic of ireland and --- nothing else it does not initialise , can anybody else shed any light on what is happening with my system regards steve.
  • 1stevenmelling
    Master Explorer
    can anybody else shed any light on what is happening with my radiosat and what kind of hardware would i need any experts help lost ?