Searching favourites

Kuba7702
Kuba7702 Registered Users Posts: 5
Master Traveler
Hi all Tomtom users
Is there a possibility during searching destination in my favourites points that it will show all results with string i enter, even if they are in the middle of my points names? Ive noticed that results are showing only points if they begin from entered string. If i dont remember how i name points but i know there is one Word in it i would like to see all results with that. Even if its in the middle or end of the name. But TT dont have this option i think, or i do something wrong. I searched discusions and didnot find answers.

Kuba

Best Answer

• Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 442
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    @Kuba7702

Yes, you are correct that you cannot search for a String within the middle of a Favourites name. :s

Another of TomTom’s irritations, especially as you can search for a string in the middle of the name if you use POI’s – But even more irritating is that you cannot transfer 3rd Party POI’s to use in the App or the 'later' TomTom devices!!! :(

I have constructed a simple 2 digit Prefix system for my TomTom Devices and place a Prefix in front when creating a new Favourite Place. i.e. D1-D7 for places I visit daily (Monday through Sunday) or W / M if weekly or monthly and then I group “similar items” together, so I only have to remember what group it is in and then as long as you are “strict” in naming your Favourites with a Prefix or the “Word” you have used, in this manner when you go to My Places and start typing the Prefix it will pop up everything in that group.

I am sure it would be an easy task for a ‘programmer’ to code the App / Devices to search for a String within a Favourites name as it would be of benefit of all users, but TomTom moves at its own pace and decides what gets priority or fixed!!!

@VikramK @lampard @Jürgen Is this issue being addressed by TomTom? :)

Answers

• Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    @Kuba7702

Yes, you are correct that you cannot search for a String within the middle of a Favourites name. :s

Another of TomTom’s irritations, especially as you can search for a string in the middle of the name if you use POI’s – But even more irritating is that you cannot transfer 3rd Party POI’s to use in the App or the 'later' TomTom devices!!! :(

I have constructed a simple 2 digit Prefix system for my TomTom Devices and place a Prefix in front when creating a new Favourite Place. i.e. D1-D7 for places I visit daily (Monday through Sunday) or W / M if weekly or monthly and then I group “similar items” together, so I only have to remember what group it is in and then as long as you are “strict” in naming your Favourites with a Prefix or the “Word” you have used, in this manner when you go to My Places and start typing the Prefix it will pop up everything in that group.

I am sure it would be an easy task for a ‘programmer’ to code the App / Devices to search for a String within a Favourites name as it would be of benefit of all users, but TomTom moves at its own pace and decides what gets priority or fixed!!!

@VikramK @lampard @Jürgen Is this issue being addressed by TomTom? :)
  • Kuba7702
    Kuba7702 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Traveler
    @Lost_Soul
    Hi
    Thanks for Your Reply, and your tip with names. Unfortunately I’am international Truck driver so I don’t travel to the same destinations weekly, daily or even monthly. For now I search my favourites on the map. Hope Tomtom will change search engine soon. Also I wonder why I cannot any more chose country to search for anything as it was previously. Sometimes developers thinks that they changes upgrade app to better level but users claims different.

Best Regard
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Kuba7702

Don't hold your breath for a quick resolution........... B) Developers have their own Corporate agenda's which we are not privy to!

Normally when you cannot choose a "Country" to search; it suggests you may not have the maps fully loaded for that Country .

- Worth checking they are all installed correctly?