Price gone up?

Hypodermic
Hypodermic Registered Users Posts: 15
Master Explorer
Hello,

Can anyone give an explanation why the prices of a subscription went up 7 euro's?
From 12,99 a year to 19,99 a year.
That's a crazy rise in prices.
And with no extra options, routebar in AA is still way to basic.

So why make the price so much higher?
End of August my subscription expires, and I won't renew it.
Why would i? Amigo is for free and does the almost the same
01pbxp7ky8pq.jpg

ikn61ez2x7gc.jpg

Best Answer

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,513
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

The price at €19.99 is for new customers for old customers who purchased the subscription at €12.99 the price does not change.

Even though Amigo is free, it is not the same as Tomtom GO navigation.

Answers

• Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

The price at €19.99 is for new customers for old customers who purchased the subscription at €12.99 the price does not change.

Even though Amigo is free, it is not the same as Tomtom GO navigation.
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 668
    Revered Pioneer

How to get the old price?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    If you purchased the subscription at €12.99 Google when renewing your subscription will offer to renew it at the price of €12.99
  • MUP
    Revered Pioneer
    edited July 17
    Sorry, that wont work with my migrated App valid until December 2022.

Just tried to extend the subscription and got a price offered 19,99 EURO if booking at TT's store.
    Big joke: Google want to cut my subscription immediately by warning and offered also 19,99 EURO for 12 months starting today and not in December.

I have a paid TT GO subscription since 2015.
    Also paid the 0,50 EURO special entry price when TT has to knock at Google's door.

Google does not know what TT was planning with "old" customers.

Again: How to get the old price?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Have you looked on the app > subscription > manage > the price offered to you

I too have a subscription that has migrated from the old one to the application on play store
    At the beginning of July, I received an email from google << your Tomtom GO Navigation subscription will be renewed on August 6, 2022 for €12.99/year >>

Wait until Monday to see what moderator @lampard thinks
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,061
    MUP wrote: »
    Sorry, that wont work with my migrated App valid until December 2022. Just tried to extend the subscription and got a price offered 19,99 EURO if booking at TT's store. Big joke: Google want to cut my subscription immediately by warning and offered also 19,99 EURO for 12 months starting today and not in December.
    Again: How to get the old price?
    Hi @MUP, I see that you purchased the subscriptions from the TomTom webshop till now which are not self-renewing. There's only a 12-month subscription available on the webshop and it's unfortunate but then you'll have to go to 19,99

Google does not know what TT was planning with "old" customers.
    In your case, if you buy the subscription from Google/Apple inside the app, it won't recognize you as an existing user since your subscription is with TomTom, and will be treated as a new user with new prices.

If you purchased the subscription from Google/Apple at 12.99, it'll be auto-renewed at the old price only.

Best, lampard
  • MUP
    Revered Pioneer
    edited July 18
    @lampard
    Thanks for clearifying the current situation.
    So I would have to pay 20 EURO instead of 13 EURO ... the world will not end.
    Once TT's implementation inside AA will be fully functional then there is no impediment to renew the subscription.

I owe you a beer in this very hot weather.
    Stay cool :)
  • Hypodermic
    Hypodermic Registered Users Posts: 15
    Master Explorer
    edited July 21
    @lampard
    Thanks for clearifying the current situation.
    So I would have to pay 20 EURO instead of 13 EURO ... the world will not end.
    Once TT's implementation inside AA will be fully functional then there is no impediment to renew the subscription.

I owe you a beer in this very hot weather.
    Stay cool :)

Of course the world won't end.
    But making something over 50% more expensive without any significant difference is way to much.
    Maybe when TomTom works perfectly with AA it would be worth it, but when there are free apps that work just as good, or even better, it's way to much.
  • MUP
    Revered Pioneer
    You can buy the 6 month subscription two times in TT's webshop directly for current price of 8,99 EURO.

I just did it, before the price will explode more and more because of inflation.

75d5ug5ownxb.png