Voice control not needed

Tafia
Tafia Registered Users Posts: 30
Master Explorer
edited July 17 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi again. This morning I was driving and suddenly with no action from me, TomTom offered me voice control. I think it said " Speak now" or similar. the text also blocked out the mapping I was following and I saw no way to turn off the voice control offer. It only reverted to the mapping when I stayed silent.

I don't use voice control so don't need it . Is there a way of stopping this happening again please?

Also I am not getting notifications of replies to my query. Is there a way to turn that on?

Cheers

T

Best Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,606
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Have you looked in Settings in the Main Menu, then Voice Command?

you need to disable the wake-up phrase in the settings menu.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,155
     Superuser
    edited July 18 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Tafia
    Tafia wrote: »
    (Snip) How to stop voice control interrupting when not wanted without going through a full reset folks? I felt lucky to have stumbled through all the various set up stages and don't really want to go through all that again in case I mess up the Bluetooth links etc. (Snip)
    Now you have changed the Voice Setting, the incident of the unwanted voice interruption should be fixed .... Fingers crossed....
    But If Voice Control pops up again, for a quick fix.... Just say "Cancel" the screen should return to the Driving screen...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    edited July 16
    Hi

Reset device to default deactivate voice control.
  • Tafia
    Master Explorer
    Thanks for this. Is there a way of deactivating voice control without a total reset. I have looked through the various menus and can't see it.

That would save me going through all the set up stuff again.

Cheers,

T
  • Tafia
    Master Explorer
    edited July 18
    Any thoughts on how to stop voice control interrupting when not wanted without going through a full reset folks? I felt lucky to have stumbled through all the various set up stages and don't really want to go through all that again in case I mess up the bluetooth links etc. I do think the Snooper sat nav ( sorry to mention the opposition) is much simpler to set up for a non techie like me. Agreed, it's not as comprehensive.

Thanks to all for your patience.

T
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Have you looked in Settings in the Main Menu, then Voice Command?

you need to disable the wake-up phrase in the settings menu.
  • Tafia
    Master Explorer
    Yes , I did disable the wake up phrase at the top of that page. Screen says: " Start Voice Control when I say Hello TomTom" That is now set to off.

That was after the incident of the unwanted voice interruption. I haven't used TomTom since. So by doing that, I have stopped any "I'm listening" events occurring again?

Thanks again.

T
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,155
     Superuser
    edited July 18 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Tafia
    Tafia wrote: »
    (Snip) How to stop voice control interrupting when not wanted without going through a full reset folks? I felt lucky to have stumbled through all the various set up stages and don't really want to go through all that again in case I mess up the Bluetooth links etc. (Snip)
    Now you have changed the Voice Setting, the incident of the unwanted voice interruption should be fixed .... Fingers crossed....
    But If Voice Control pops up again, for a quick fix.... Just say "Cancel" the screen should return to the Driving screen...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Tafia
    Master Explorer
    Just say cancel. Simple as that. :-).

It's good to know that such help is available on this forum from experienced users. Now if we could just have mobile hot spots permanently marked, that would be very useful.

Thanks to all for your help. Much appreciated.

T