Export activities to computer without connecting watch

hlitani
hlitani Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited July 17 in TomTom Sports
I have been trying to export my activities from the app's website - but it asks me to start the app and connect my watch. My watch is faulty and that's why I would like to export my activities... I would like to import the data to my new Coros app.

Many thanks.

Best Answer

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,973
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    You only need to connect the watch if you are setting up a new service to upload to or setting files to save to your computer. You can go to TomTom Sports and go to your Account (click your name in the top right), go to Settings>Manage My Account and there is an Option there for Manage My Data. Click this and you will be able to download all activities in TCX format which you can manually upload to another service.

Answers

• hlitani
    hlitani Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited July 17
    Is there a workaround that allows you to export the activities without having to connect the watch?
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    You only need to connect the watch if you are setting up a new service to upload to or setting files to save to your computer. You can go to TomTom Sports and go to your Account (click your name in the top right), go to Settings>Manage My Account and there is an Option there for Manage My Data. Click this and you will be able to download all activities in TCX format which you can manually upload to another service.
  • rbsim
    rbsim Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi,
    my Golfer2 is out (screen always blank), but I can connect it to Tomtom Mysport. It is recognyzed.
    I want to copy all datas in TCX format, but only "JSON-2" format can be upload. There is no choice.

How to convert this format in TCX ?
    Thanks in your answer.

n1so68gwcwdf.jpg
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    The golfer does not save activity files like the other sports watches do. The rounds are not saved as a file and cannot be downloaded, they are only visible in the app. The JSON-2 files are you daily activity tracking and cannot be converted to tcx format.
  • rbsim
    rbsim Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited August 1
    Hi,
    it's not true, I have succeed to read json_2 files with "Dadroit JSON Viewer" and to save in json format. Now I want to convert json format to TCX format. Do you know an application to do that ?
    (picture of part of json_2 content)
    rnhbz90qou3d.jpg
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    As I said, the golfer does not save activity files like the other sports watches do (as a tcx). I know of no way to convert JSON-2 files to tcx format. You would need to look elsewhere online to see if someone else has a way to convert them. Here is one link I came up with when I did a simple google search, there are many others:

https://github.com/ods/mywellness2tcx