Sync with myDrive

Waverider
Waverider Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Hi
My routes on myDrive do not all synch with myroutes on tomtom go app. Some do synch, some do not show up. Any idea how to fix?

Best Answer

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,064
    Answer ✓
    Welcome to the Community, @Waverider! Are you using the MyDrive app on the phone or the MyDrive route planner website ? If you go to the 'My Routes' section on the 'MyDrive website' and click the routes which you can't see on the app. Is the sync enabled for those routes?
    gfc792zjq0u5.png

Best, lampard

Answers

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,064
    Answer ✓
    Welcome to the Community, @Waverider! Are you using the MyDrive app on the phone or the MyDrive route planner website ? If you go to the 'My Routes' section on the 'MyDrive website' and click the routes which you can't see on the app. Is the sync enabled for those routes?
    gfc792zjq0u5.png

Best, lampard
  • Waverider
    Apprentice Seeker
    Unfortunately, since years, I do not use a computer anymore. Just iPad and iPhone and Apple Watch.
  • PNA12
    PNA12 SussexRegistered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Having the same issue , Routes are shown on the PC & "Sync" is enabled but cannot see them on the smartphone IOS app. Friends are having similar issues with Android too.
    Any help gratefully received
  • BryanWelsh
    BryanWelsh Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    I know this is an old post but I'm having the same issue in 2022. Using MyDrive on Mac and iPhone but having problems trying to get routes to sync. If I create a route in MyDrive on the web (on my Mac) it appears in the MyDrive app on the iPhone (so far so good). However, the route never appears on the TomTom Go app on the iPhone. I can create a route on MyDrive on the iPhone and it appears on the TomTom Go app on the iPhone and on the MyDrive on the web (after logging out and back in again). So it appears the problem is that I cannot get routes on MyDrive on the web to sync with TomTom Go on the iPhone (sorry for the long winded post). I've logged into all apps. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks.
  • PNA12
    PNA12 SussexRegistered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    We have discovered that if you go to services and turn off sync. Then go to settings and log out of the app. Log back in and then re-sync this will hopefully solve it.
    Also if app route says can’t calculate route it’s probably because you have not downloaded the relevant map onto your device , so check it’s loaded in the maps section
  • ncarv
    ncarv Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    i have the same issue, some sync, most just show no route available.
    however they all work on my via 52, just not on the app.
    everything was freshly reinstalled.
    even some old ones that used to work don't anymore.
  • Waverider
    Apprentice Seeker
    If I delete the app and reinstall it, it works on both the iPad and iPhone. As many people today, I have no Computer anymore, just iPad Pro and iPhone. I do not need an Desktop computer anymore. I think that Tomtom should realize this and work on a solution that does not need computers. Times have changed.....
  • ncarv
    ncarv Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    After a bit of research I’ve realizes that the map on the app is not as complete as the one in MyDrive or as the one in my TomTom via 52. I think that’s why it shows no route available. Shame as the older map was more complete, since the update some saved routes and some new ones don’t work anymore.