Attempted update of VIA 1605TM (Life Time Traffic and Maps) Returns "Map Subscription Expired"

Way_high4Highway
Way_high4Highway Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
I replaced my old unit with an "open box". S/N on unit and box match and yet attempts to update Maps on My Drive Connect returns "Map Subscription Expired" message. Meanwhile TomTom has no support. Any ideas as to why a lifetime product is dead to updating Maps?

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,132
     Superuser
    edited July 16
    Hi
    @Way_high4Highway
    What are the 1st 2 characters of the device serial number ???
    (Only post the 1st 2 Characters) The first two letters define the Tomtom Model...
    Devices with 2GB of built-in Memory are Eol (End of Life)....
    l6mo5j71wdnw.jpg
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....
    Or....
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    The phone service has been suspended (Indefinitely)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step by step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

TomTom customer support by email….
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
    Note... This link is to one of the Tomtom Support site pages... You may have to login again using your Tomtom Email & Password...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Way_high4Highway
    Apprentice Seeker
    Its WN. How to determine if 2 or 4 GB? ... Reset and read through white text on screen?
  • Way_high4Highway
    Apprentice Seeker
    It's WN. I did a reset and waited for the white text. It said 129 for memory. I don't see that translates to 2 or 4 GB. I don't see why it doesn't just say the internal memory size in plain language as 2GB, 4GB or 8GB.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,132
     Superuser
    edited July 17
    Hi
    @Way_high4Highway
    Towards the bottom of the White text screen....
    Is... 'Internal flash memory' my 4GB GO Live 825 states... 3907584 kB (4GB)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,486
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

@Way_high4Highway

Normally the Via 1605 TM has lifetime maps for USA, Canada and Mexico maps,
    .for the other cards you have to buy them
    Check back tomorrow to see what moderator @VikramK has to say.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,273
    Hi @Way_high4Highway,
    I see the map updates for the USA, Canada & Mexico maps are active on your account.
    What items are offered when you open MyDrive Connect > My Content Tab > Scroll down to the maps section.

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • Way_high4Highway
    Apprentice Seeker
    I was able to update maps. I have to use a SIM to do it, however. Current issue is low volume of spoken directions. Volume is at 100% on software slider setting. Makes no difference. Volume is too faint and there are no battery issues and all equipment is original. Seems like a planned obsolescence thing to me (following updating). So much for Lifetime (TM). What good is lifetime maps when the navigator is useless insofar as voice directions are concerned?