world maps not installed and I can find no maps on the content section of TomTom MyDrive Connect

justcallmecaz
justcallmecaz Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
So a few months ago I bought my TOMTOM Go Expert/Discover 6" with the promise from the sales advisor that it came with world maps (and paid a higher price than I would have done because I wanted a model that came with world maps) but I have discovered that my tomtom only has European maps downloaded and when I try to look on TomTom MyDrive Connect I don't even get a My Maps section come up on the My Content page - can someone please help me sort this out, I'm currently driving my van across Turkey and having to use mobile data and google maps which is costing me a tonne! many thanks

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,330
    Answer ✓
    Hi @justcallmecaz
    Welcome to the community!
    Your TomTom indeed has world map updates, by default it comes with a regional map pre-installed. Other region/country maps have to be downloaded.
    To add a map, go to>

Main menu-Settings - Maps & Display - Download maps - On the right side bottom of the screen, a blue highlighted button will appear when the device is connected to WiFi®
    internet.

Note: The device should not be connected to the computer via USB cable at this point.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,330
    Answer ✓
    Hi @justcallmecaz
    Welcome to the community!
    Your TomTom indeed has world map updates, by default it comes with a regional map pre-installed. Other region/country maps have to be downloaded.
    To add a map, go to>

Main menu-Settings - Maps & Display - Download maps - On the right side bottom of the screen, a blue highlighted button will appear when the device is connected to WiFi®
    internet.

Note: The device should not be connected to the computer via USB cable at this point.

Regards, Vikram
  • justcallmecaz
    justcallmecaz Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Many thanks Vikram this is exactly the answer I was hoping for!