No Sound/Audio using Iphone XR (IOS 15.5)

Doshi
Doshi Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
I have no sound/audio using Tom Tom App with Iphone (Software IOS 15.5) independent from the installation in the car. There is no audio even I start Tom Tom only in the app on my phone. There is also no audio with bluetooth in the car. Any way how I use the app there is no sound/audio. I already checked all soundinstallations, the loudness is on, the phone is not on mute. Do you have an idea what I can check?

Answers

• DawnyDoody
    DawnyDoody Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I’m having the same problem. Hope someone can help!
  • Doshi
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi! I also hope of some inputs and help. I paied for the App and can not use it.... :-(
  • JOHNO45
    JOHNO45 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Traveler
    I too have an iPhone XR on IOS 15.5 and although if I select a voice I hear it OK, no instructions are heard when on the move.
    This is an absolute waste of money if TomTom cannot resolve an issue that has apparently been a problem for over 5 years.
    Google maps works and is ilkely to put TomTom out of business unless a solution is provided.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,064
    Hello @Doshi and @DawnyDoody

Welcome to our Community! Do you see the AirPlay icon switch in the bottom left of the main menu? If connected to a Bluetooth speaker, You can tap it and then select iPhone to use iPhone speakers for instructions.
    37aaig57c5ii.png

Also, make sure you've the Voice instructions icon (three-way audio toggle in the bottom right corner of the screen) set to 'Alert & Guidance'.
    b3wxvg3m2y46.png
    • Muted: Sounds and alerts muted
    • Alerts only: Alerts only
    • Unmuted: Sounds and alerts unmuted
    Best, lampard
  • Doshi
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi John, nice to hear, that I'm not alone with this problem but it is a pity! I didn't realize that this problem is already known for over 5 years and not solved. So it seems there is no solution. Thanks for your answer which is appreciated!