GO5200 Traffic services not working

Nazar86
Nazar86 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited July 13 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi,

I have recently purchased a refurbished GO5200 from Halfords. However, there is a similar issue that I had with my Go5000 in that the traffic services are not working. I've tried resetting it based on other similar queries here but the same issue persists.

I've just spent the last 45minutes trying to get an email or contact number to TOMTOM customer services to no avail (which is absolutely poor). Is anyone able to give me a contact number/email for the customer services? The support link is of no use it only directs you to the chatbox (useless) and this forum.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,330
    Hi @Nazar86

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, just do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • Grandad_Bod
    Grandad_Bod Registered Users Posts: 18
    Master Explorer
    Like Nazar86, I recently purchased a refurbished GO5200 from Halfords and, despite a full factory reset, it will not show traffic services. The message I get is "Service unavailable". The subsidiary message tells me to try again later but I have reset the device a number of times to no effect. Other "phone based" systems appear to work as expected and I'm sure that all the options are set correctly.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,055
    Superuser
    Hi @Grandad_Bod

Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK has to say after he has reviewed the units settings on the TT servers and adjusted if required.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,330
    Hi @Grandad_Bod,
    The service was not running; we have activated it now.
    Could you do a soft reset and check again?

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • Grandad_Bod
    Grandad_Bod Registered Users Posts: 18
    Master Explorer
    Working fine now. Thanks Vikram.