How do I reinstall maps onto my start 42? How do you communicate with a person at Tomtom?

bettymagpie
bettymagpie Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
I have just brought a Start 42 Sat Nav, which comes with lifetime Uk and Ireland maps...but the device is showing a message saying NO MAPS AVAILABLE. I downloaded the Mydrive connect and synced up the device- but the only update available was for cameras. The maps are showing as installed- but the message on the device is still saying there are non availiable. I tried the advice on the support page- but that didn't make a difference. There doesn't seem to be a way of contacting TomTom and communicating with a person for help...does anyone know how to fix this or to speak with someone?

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,283
    edited July 14 Answer ✓
    Hi @bettymagpie
    The map has already been removed from your START 42. The jobs our team created runs in the background, as soon as the device is connected to MyDrive Connect.

Go into the My Content section in MyDrive Connect, scroll down, and you will see the UK and ROI map offered/available for download.

Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,135
     Superuser
    Hi
    @bettymagpie
    Welcome to the site....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....
    OR
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    The phone service has been suspended (Indefinitely)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step by step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

TomTom customer support by email….
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
    Note... This link is to one of the Tomtom Support site pages... You may have to login again using your Tomtom Email & Password...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

• VikramK
    Hi @bettymagpie
    Welcome to the community!

My team has created jobs to remove the existing map(which could be corrupted). Just connect the device to MyDrive Connect and check for any updates.
    Once connected, the jobs will get processed automatically and the device might reboot during the process.

After the map is removed, perform a soft reset and download a fresh map version.

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • bettymagpie
    New Seeker
    Hello- thank you for getting in touch so quickly!

I've tried what you recommended and it's still got the same problem...the screen on the device is saying 'No maps Available' although its showing in the Connect as being installed. It doesn't look possible to uninstall the maps that are there...there's an option to 'remove content from device' but that looks a bit severe! Is there anything else you recommend trying?

• VikramK
    edited July 14 Answer ✓
    Hi @bettymagpie
    The map has already been removed from your START 42. The jobs our team created runs in the background, as soon as the device is connected to MyDrive Connect.

Go into the My Content section in MyDrive Connect, scroll down, and you will see the UK and ROI map offered/available for download.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • bettymagpie
    New Seeker
    Thank you- that seems to have done it- there was a map to install this morning when I plugged it back in! Thank you!