How to delete default saved my places on Go Expert 7 device

bernieo
bernieo Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
edited July 15 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
is there any way of deleting some of the my places ,ie USA flying DKV
got a page full of stuff, I'm never going to use .have to scroll down for relevant ones. Annoying.
also does not seem to import destinations from tomtom route planner .(even the beta one)
thanks

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,491
    Exalted Pioneer
    you cant delete my place
    refine result by search in town or city
  • neha.pali
    neha.pali Staff, TomTom Staff Posts: 15 Staff
    Hi @bernieo ,

Go to the main menu>My places>tap on delete>Select the locations you want to delete and tap Delete.

Regards,
    Neha
  • bernieo
    bernieo Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    thanks for the replies ,Neha i can only delete places i have placed in my places, it will not let me delete the standard tomtom ones installed by default, ie usa flights dkv fuel stations
    i will never need, they are just taking up screen space.
    rider1rider when i save a location to my places ,how does search by town or city help.im puzzled
    thanks
  • neha.pali
    neha.pali Staff, TomTom Staff Posts: 15 Staff
    edited July 15
    bernieo wrote: »
    thanks for the replies ,Neha i can only delete places i have placed in my places, it will not let me delete the standard tomtom ones installed by default, ie usa flights dkv fuel stations

It cannot be deleted, only the saved places with the star sign can be deleted.

Regards,
    Neha
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,158
     Superuser
    edited July 16
    Hi
    @bernieo
    Welcome to the site....
    is there any way of deleting some of the my places ,ie USA flying DKV
    got a page full of stuff, I'm never going to use. have to scroll down for relevant ones. Annoying (Snip)
    On the GO Discover/Expert etc...
    Tap on the 3 line 'Hamburger Icon' --> Setting --> Map & Display --> Show on Map --> Points of interest...
    Select or Deselect the POI Categories that are displayed on the Map screen as required....
    Also, on the Points of interest screen also check screen bottom-right 'More Categories'

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 451
    Supreme Pioneer
    @YamFazMan

Whilst a useful tip, this will not help the author @bernieo as he wants to delete the TomTom built-in POI's from the My Places List which TomTom will not allow. :s

I have never found a way of doing this which also irritates me.......... this is yet another of TomTom's irritating "features" where they think they know best.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,158
     Superuser
    edited July 17
    Hi
    @bernieo
    (Snip) Also does not seem to import destinations from Tomtom route planner. (Even the beta one) (Snip)
    On the GO Discover/Expert etc...
    I usually sync the ITN Routes & GPX Tracks from the MyDrive Web Route planner over Wi-Fi....

If your GO Discover/Expert etc.. Is connected to a USB port on your PC + MyDrive connect is running in the background....
    The USB Connection will have a higher priority than the Wi-Fi Connection....
    On the PC Task bar Quit My Drive Connect... On the PC Disconnect and Reconnect the USB Plug...
    The Data connection should now be over Wi-Fi....

(1)... If you 'Save 'n' Sync' (GPX Track)... The device will follow the track like a Breadcrumb trail...
    The track is fixed, and the device will >> NOT << display the Stops or respond to Live Traffic... Also, a .GPX Track can be a little hit or miss for a complex journey
    I much prefer .ITN Routes, for me .GPX tracks for complex journeys are totally useless....
    I would suspect they would also be useless for most delivery drivers....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1708222/#Comment_1708222

(2).... The Route planned directly on the device is a .ITN Route the .ITN Route uses Stops The Stops >> ARE << displayed on the screen when Navigating and the device will plan the route between the stops... An .ITN Route will respond to Live Traffic and any route deviations BUT an .ITN route will doggedly follow the stops in the order they were created, if you miss a stop, the device will continuously attempt to guide you to the missed stop... You have to cancel the problem stop on the device to avoid it....
    i.e... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Route --> 'Skip Next Stop'....

For more Info/tips using the MDW Route planner....
    See.... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1707989/#Comment_1707989

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

• Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 451
    Supreme Pioneer
    @bernieo

There is a "documented flaw" on the Go Expert which TomTom are aware of; if you send a series of "stops" from the MyDrive route planner whilst your Vehicle is set to "Truck" the "intermediate stops are not received" by the Go Expert. Single destinations are received OK.

You can read more about this flaw here

I discovered a workaround:

First change the Vehicle Settings on the Go Expert to a "Car", then set up your route using MyDrive - Send the stops to the Go Expert.

Then after the stops are received, change the Vehicle settings on the Go Expert back to a "Truck"..............

Bit cumbersome, but it works, you may be able to use this fudge while TomTom are working on a permanent solution for you?

@VikramK Is there any update on when this will be resolved please?