.ITN files or import waypoints into 550

SBengo
SBengo Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
edited July 12 in RIDER
I had a Rider 400 and always imported .itn to have the waypoints on the planned route for accuracy, it died.
I now have a Rider 550, I cannot import through MRA connector as it does not accept cable connection, if I either save directly to MyDrive from MRA, or save a .gpx route/track when it is imported it does not show the waypoints.
How can I ensure my route is accurate not altered by the software algorithms?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• raesewell
    raesewell Registered Users Posts: 188
    Exalted Navigator
    You need gpx 1.1 or just save the routes in .itn format to an SD card
  • SBengo
    Apprentice Traveler
    What a phaff, getting an SD card in and out is fiddly to say the least, usually they are installed and left in, yes that works but why can't I directly import an .itn file into the device either with MyDrive or USB cable. supposedly better device with less functionality.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,136
     Superuser
    edited July 12 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @SBengo
    SBengo wrote: »
    What a phaff, getting an SD card in and out is fiddly to say the least, usually they are installed and left in, yes that works but why can't I directly import .ITN files into the device either with MyDrive or USB cable. supposedly better device with less functionality.
    See Easy route upload & Micro SDHC Memory card Transfer....
    Here.... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1705962/#Comment_1705962

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • SBengo
    Apprentice Traveler
    I was not getting the import screen when I plugged in the USB cable, and not showing in explorer as shown above, so I tried the USB3 plug on my laptop, low and behold it worked, just not on USB2. So retract what I said above, I can now directly import .itn files from MyRoutApp. Thanks all