Computer Voice vs Recorded Voice

jacare60
jacare60 Registered Users Posts: 67
Renowned Trailblazer
What information does the "computer voice" provide that the "recorded voice" does not when using the TT GO?

Best Answer

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,061
    Answer ✓
    Hello @jacare60! Recorded voices give you the spoken instructions for your route but won't read street names and other information.

If you choose a recorded voice, you can only see two 'Instruction settings' (under Main Menu> Settings> Voices) options in the list. With a computer voice, you can have several options for the voice to read early institutions, road numbers, signs, etc.

Best, lampard

Answers

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,061
    Answer ✓
    Hello @jacare60! Recorded voices give you the spoken instructions for your route but won't read street names and other information.

If you choose a recorded voice, you can only see two 'Instruction settings' (under Main Menu> Settings> Voices) options in the list. With a computer voice, you can have several options for the voice to read early institutions, road numbers, signs, etc.

Best, lampard
  • iwaddo
    iwaddo Registered Users Posts: 9
    Apprentice Traveler
    Further to this question about Computer vs Recorded voices. In MyDrive Connect I can see several voices to download to my device but there is no indication as to whether they are Computer or Recorded, is there a way to tell or a list somewhere I can refer to. The same does for the TomTom site. Loads to choose from but nothing that tells me what type they are.

Of course it is always possible that I am not looking properly :-)

Thank you for your help.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,507
    Revered Voyager
    Example 100 KO = recorded voices. 50 MB = computer voice that can read street names
  • iwaddo
    iwaddo Registered Users Posts: 9
    Apprentice Traveler
    OK, the computer voices are a much larger download, but I'm not sure that helps me choose them, this is just a list of names https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/maps-services/navigation-voices/, no sizes. This is the same in MyDrive Connect.

What am I missing?

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,507
    Revered Voyager
    If it is for the application you cannot download other voices than the one available on the application.