Bought new today but free trial ended message

Tafia
Tafia Registered Users Posts: 29
Master Explorer
edited July 11 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi, I bought a TOMTOM Go Essential today with 6 months free trial of speed cameras. I downloaded the app to my phone then had a message to say the GO Navigation free trial had ended and to choose a subscription to continue even though it was brand new today. Anyone know what is happening.

Also I tried to find the auto-reroute function on the device but didn't find it. Does the TOMTOM reroute automatically if I miss a turn. Do I get notification of replies please?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,507
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

You must connect your Go Essential via Bluetooth to receive speed cameras and traffic.

https://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_GO_ESSENTIAL/html/en-gb/index.htm#Connectingasmartphone-Prato_2.htm
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

the free trial of GO Navigation on your phone is not the 6-month free trial on your GO Essential

It's 2 different free trials.

Come back later, moderator @VikramK will review your account.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,283
    edited July 12 Answer ✓
    Hi @Tafia
    I think you are confusing the subscription on the GO Essential with the subscription on the GO Navigation app.
    Both work on different platforms and subscription for each of them have to be renewed differently.

If you prefer using the device, then you don't have to download the GO Navigation app.

Also wanted to confirm that the embedded services for your TomTom GO Essential all look good! The six months of free speed camera update service ends in the second week of January 2023.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Tafia
    Master Explorer
    Answer ✓
    Many thanks for your kind response. I thought I had to download and pay for the subscription for the Navigation maps on my phone for the system to work. Each time I tried to open the app on my phone in order to get traffic updates as instructed, I was asked to subscribe, so I did.

Thanks again,

T.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,135
     Superuser
    edited July 13 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Tafia
    Tafia wrote: »
    (Snip) Can anyone tell me if the Sat-Nav will automatically re-route me if I miss a turning. I have seen instructions on how to do this on-line but they don't seem to work on my device. (Snip)
    'Yes' The route is automatically recalculated, It's very fast, you may not notice the route recalculation....
    Note... The device doesn't prompt you about the route recalculation...

GO Essential User Manual....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014363039-GO-Essential-User-Manual

Stay Safe.. ATB YFM

Answers

• Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

You must connect your Go Essential via Bluetooth to receive speed cameras and traffic.

https://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_GO_ESSENTIAL/html/en-gb/index.htm#Connectingasmartphone-Prato_2.htm
  • Tafia
    Master Explorer
    edited July 12
    Hi, thanks for this. I had already connected to my phone via Bluetooth and see the telephone icon on the TomTom. The free trial ending warning comes up on my phone.

I have now paid the yearly subscription to get rid of the warning on my phone but wondered why the "free trial ended" came up on the phone when I had only had the Tom Tom for two hours.

Can anyone tell me if the sat nav will automatically re route me if I miss a turning. I have seen instructions on how to do this on-line but they don't seem to work on my device.

Thanks again for your help
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

the free trial of GO Navigation on your phone is not the 6-month free trial on your GO Essential

It's 2 different free trials.

Come back later, moderator @VikramK will review your account.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,283
    edited July 12 Answer ✓
    Hi @Tafia
    I think you are confusing the subscription on the GO Essential with the subscription on the GO Navigation app.
    Both work on different platforms and subscription for each of them have to be renewed differently.

If you prefer using the device, then you don't have to download the GO Navigation app.

Also wanted to confirm that the embedded services for your TomTom GO Essential all look good! The six months of free speed camera update service ends in the second week of January 2023.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Tafia
    Master Explorer
    Answer ✓
    Many thanks for your kind response. I thought I had to download and pay for the subscription for the Navigation maps on my phone for the system to work. Each time I tried to open the app on my phone in order to get traffic updates as instructed, I was asked to subscribe, so I did.

Thanks again,

T.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,135
     Superuser
    edited July 13 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Tafia
    Tafia wrote: »
    (Snip) Can anyone tell me if the Sat-Nav will automatically re-route me if I miss a turning. I have seen instructions on how to do this on-line but they don't seem to work on my device. (Snip)
    'Yes' The route is automatically recalculated, It's very fast, you may not notice the route recalculation....
    Note... The device doesn't prompt you about the route recalculation...

GO Essential User Manual....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014363039-GO-Essential-User-Manual

Stay Safe.. ATB YFM
  • Tafia
    Master Explorer
    Thanks again. My last 3 satnavs have been Snooper so this is my first time with TomTom as you will have gathered. Snooper gives audible pings when I choose to ignore the suggested route, then it re-routes.

I have downloaded the TT manual but didn't see the settings for auto-rerouting.

Thanks to all who have helped me with this.

Cheers

T