Spark 3 - Can't find internal heart monitor?

GCarey54
GCarey54 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
August 2017 I bought my 1st Tom Tom running watch, a Spark 3. I loved it. When that watch stopped working, I went & bought 2 of the same model. I used one until it also stopped working & now using the 2nd. But this one has a problem. It cannot find the internal heart monitor. The watch shows the heart icon and then dashes which blink which the documentation/manual states the ‘watch is searching for the heart rate monitor’. And doesn’t seem to find it !!!! I do my run(s) & when I upload my data & go look at the data on the website there is no heart data. But this watch is the same model as the other I bought at the same time ?? BTW - Heart setting is ON. Gerry C.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• GCarey54
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your reply
    I had heard of the factory reset but as it removes both my activity data and my settings I was hoping there was another option.
    I have had other brands before, ex Nike, Garmin, didn't like either for different reasons, but I will start looking at other ongoing brands.
    Cheers
    Gerry

Answers

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,976
     Superuser
    It sounds like the HR monitor itself or the software died. Yoru only option is a factory reset and if that does not fix it there is nothing else to do. TT Sports went out of business almost 5 years and there is no more warranty coverage or support besides this user forum. At this point you are probably better off investing your money in an ongoing brand.
  • GCarey54
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your reply
    I had heard of the factory reset but as it removes both my activity data and my settings I was hoping there was another option.
    I have had other brands before, ex Nike, Garmin, didn't like either for different reasons, but I will start looking at other ongoing brands.
    Cheers
    Gerry
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,976
     Superuser
    A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in, so everything is saved on TomTom Sports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch, but this clears itself every 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and TomTom Sports is not affected. The reset itself takes less than 5 minutes.