Login to mydrive error on GO Discover tomtom Oops We are having trouble accessing tomtom service

TCBoro
TCBoro Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited July 11 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
TomTom Go Discover 7 inch.

I've just purchased my TomTom GO Expert / GO Discover / GO Exclusive / GO Camper Max 7" took it out of the box, connected to my Wi-Fi, connect to Bluetooth and to the Personal Hotspot on my phone, all appear to be working fine. However the device will not sign in to my Tom Tom account. The message is: ' Oops We are having trouble accessing TomTom services, please try again later.

It has been doing this for 2 days now?

Thank you

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,136
     Superuser
    Hi
    @TCBoro
    Re the GO Discover....
    For the initial registration of the device to your account... You need to connect the device over Wi-Fi....
    For ALL Map Installs & Map updates, the device >> MUST << be connected over Wi-Fi....
    Check... Tap on the 3 line 'Hamburger Icon' --> Setting --> System --> About....
    Scroll down to Data Connection....
    What does the device report???

Disconnect the USB Lead from your PC....
    Note... If you need to power the device, when checking the Wi-Fi Connections, use something like a Mains USB Charger or a SmartPhone USB charger with the original Tomtom Power lead...

(2)... An active Bluetooth/Phone connection.... may also take priority over the Wi-Fi connection...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • TCBoro
    TCBoro Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited June 10
    Hi @YamFazMan

Thank you for your help and support.

I have followed your instruction and in the settings (about) it is showing WiFi is connected. My maps are up to date, it did that yesterday, however, I still cannot connect to MyDrive services. I get the same message: ' Oops We are having trouble accessing TomTom services, please try again later.

My Routes and places are not syncing from my MyDrive on-line account to my device.

Thanking you in anticipation of your assistance.
  • IanRoy
    IanRoy Registered Users Posts: 12
    Master Explorer
    TCBoro, I am have the same problem. I have tried everything that was needen to do but still no connection to my drive. The TomTom support section did not help very much, they tought i was talking about my drive connect/
    but here is the thing: the go discovere/expert 7" serie starting with the serialletters ZW are not compatible with my drive, shown inTomTom own list of compatable devices. So i'am trying to tell this to the helpdesk employee, but het does not understand the problem.
    Who can help me?
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @IanRoy
    Welcome to the site....
    Check...
    On the GO Discover/Expert etc... Tap on the 3 line 'Hamburger Icon' --> Setting --> MyDrive (Are you logged in with your A/C Email/Password ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • IanRoy
    Master Explorer
    No, my device still is not accepted by my drive
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited June 19
    Hi
    @IanRoy
    Which 'MyDrive' do you mean ???
    MyDrive Connect
    MyDrive App (Smartphone)
    MyDrive (Acount)... A menu option on the GO Discover/Expert etc....
    Tap on the 3 line 'Hamburger Icon' --> Setting --> MyDrive (Are you logged in with your A/C Email/Password
    MyDrive Web Route planner

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • IanRoy
    Master Explorer
    my drive web route planner. i can acces the my drive routeplanner on my iphone and my computers, but not with the go. i am using the same account.
    I think it is the serie of the serialnr ZW. when i check out the compability list of tomtom devices wich are compatible to use the my drive route planner, it is not mentioned.
    so what to do, not getting good solutions from the tomtom support team
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,035
    Superuser
    Hi @IanRoy

If you open the My Drive webpage or the App have you checked that the Sync to my devices is showing against each of the routes. Alternative try turning the Sync option closed on one of the routes then turn it on again just to see if that helps.

Doug
  • IanRoy
    Master Explorer
    Hi DouglasLap, yes i did that. I had no problems with my previous go, 520. I tried everything, from resetting the device several times, till changing my password several times.
    Nothing worked, still waiting for an answer to solve the problem from the most unreachable customerservice in the world.

Ian
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,035
    Superuser
    Hi @IanRoy

Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK has to say after he has reviewed your units logs etc on the TT servers. Could you indicate the last 3 numbers of the serial number, not the whole reference, so he can be certain of the one to look at.

Doug
  • IanRoy
    Master Explorer
    thanks
  • IanRoy
    Master Explorer
    thanks, last 3 numbers are 966.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,290
    Hi @IanRoy
    Account wise, I don't see any issue with your GO Discover.
    If this is related to a sync issue, then perhaps it will need further investigation.

Are none of the routes you created in MyDrive web syncing? Do you see these routes in MyDrive app (on the phone)?

Regards,
    Vikram
  • IanRoy
    Master Explorer
    Hello Vikram, non of the routes i created in my drive, are syncing with the go, but the are visable in the app.
    I think the problem is in the starting two letters of the serialnumber. the letters are ZW. According to TT list of compatible devices wich can sync with My Drive (routeplanner) the combination ZW is not present. Maybe you can look in to that.
    Thank you so far
    Ian
  • IanRoy
    Master Explorer
    Hi Vikram, regarding to the serialletter, i found out that the ZW series does appear in the list but the PN(model)numbers don't match. My go PN(model) number is 8YB7.002.00.1.
    According to the list the following numbers of the ZW serie are compatible: 1YB7.002.00 and 1YB7002.10.

Could this be the bug?
    Regards
    Ian
  • IanRoy
    Master Explorer
    Hi Vikram, problem solved so far. I can log in now with the go in my drive.