Cannot connect my Go50 to mydrive connect

Albert_NL
Albert_NL Registered Users Posts: 1
Apprentice Seeker
SInce a few months mydrive connect doesn't see my tom tom go 50 anymore, so I cannot update my maps. I have tried all the things from the web site, like soft reset, reinstalling my drive connect. In the netwrok adapter part I don't see the tomtom driver.
In powershell, when I do: Get-PnpDevice -PresentOnly | Where-Object { $_.InstanceId -match '^USB' } I don't see the device.
So my tomtom gets power and starts up in normal mode when I connect to the computer, but it doesn't seem to realise it is connected to a computer, and the computer doesn't see it as well. Any tips?

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,158
     Superuser
    edited July 10
    Hi
    @Albert_NL
    Welcome to the site...
    On the rare occasions I have problems with MyDrive Connect...
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life...

If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom > (HOME3 & MyDrive Connect Folders)
    Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are most likely to be corrupted
    If you delete the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders it removes the Cache Folder & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml

A new Home3 Folder and MyDrive Connect folders and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect....
    Method Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1134289/connection-problems-mydrive-connect-delete-the-home3-mydrive-connect-folders

Note...
    NEVER... Have your Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... The first Install of MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    (3)... Modifying MyDrive Connect (i.e... Deleting the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders as in the workaround shown in the link below)
    The above 3 actions can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

If I need to Delete & Reinstall MyDrive Connect I use the free version of Revo Uninstaller....
    The main advantage of using the Revo Uninstaller is that Revo first uninstalls the Program using the Windows default uninstaller ... Then scans and removes any of the leftover files from MyDrive Connect that the default Windows uninstall leaves behind....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1134291/connection-problems-mydrive-connect-uninstall-mydrive-connect-using-the-revo-uninstaller

Stay Safe... ATB YFM