Go 620 Professional problems with device rebooting when MyDrive sync is ON

Vadima8510
Vadima8510 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited July 8 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hello everybody. Why is my TomTom Go 620 Professional constantly rebooting as soon as I enter the cloud on the navigator. When I stop the synchronization, it works fine.

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,283
    edited July 8 Answer ✓
    Hi @Vadima8510
    Welcome to the community!
    It's a known issue currently being investigated under ticket CCARE-3330

The workaround is to stop the sync or logout from MyDrive(on the device) when travelling.

Thanks,
    Vikram.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,283
    edited July 8 Answer ✓
    Hi @Vadima8510
    Welcome to the community!
    It's a known issue currently being investigated under ticket CCARE-3330

The workaround is to stop the sync or logout from MyDrive(on the device) when travelling.

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 442
    Supreme Pioneer
    @VikramK

Surely TomTom must be further forward than "currently being investigated"?

As it was already being investigated back in June 2020 - See here

I just want my devices to work as advertised, “work arounds” can be a temporary solution but this issue has been ongoing for over 2 years although my actual devices were affected shortly after the 21.100 mandatory software update released at the end of September 2021 when both my Go Campers and Go Premium X started to randomly reboot whilst driving and the already lengthy lag between selecting a menu and the screen changing (like watching paint dry!) became even more erratic.

Attempting to deactivate My Drive synchronization as suggested was not really possible due to the devices constantly rebooting and the lack of response to the Menu presses plus my normal mode is to plan my routes in MyDrive (web) and send the stops to my device as I found this was the only means to avoid lengthy waiting times – I do not want to waste 5 minutes or more trying to set a destination on the devices!!

I require MyDrive Synchronisation being switched on as it is almost the last redeeming feature of the TomTom devices to synchronise places where it is so much easier and quicker to set up a new Favourite in My Places using MyDrive and a large keyboard and to send a destination / or stops to the device to avoid any unnecessary delays before I set off driving, and Tomtom’s MyDrive is a “published feature” of the devices.

As this issue is affecting so many users and devices it would be good hear of 'actual progress' or a likely date when this will be resolved as until then this issue has reduced my devices to be a effective as "Pet Bricks".
  • frankgood
    frankgood Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same problem for ages with all 3 of my 6000 series TomToms. When I log into this site, TomTom almost immediately demands an answer to whether support is good or bad. The answer regarding this long-standing issue is clearly worse than bad. If they treat all user problems similarly then they evidently took no notice of what must have been the majority of comments during this time -so why ask?

While typing this a top of the range TomTom (which doesn't have a charging indicator!) is connected to Mydrive and on charge. It's rebooting every couple of minutes. If it wasn't so important to many of us, it would be laughable. Perhaps if TomTom had actually put someone competent onto this issue full time over the past couple of years then they might actually have resolved it!