purchased 3 month camera trial but can't download it??

mik 9999
mik 9999 Registered Users Posts: 10
Apprentice Seeker
purchased 3 month camera trial but can't download it. this same thing happened a couple years ago and never got it resolved then. gave up after several hours screwing around. tried it again today and have the same problem. the purchase was easy but then nothing happened. good at taking my money but doing nothing apparently.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,611
    Elite Voyager
    Sometimes this problem occurs when, at the time of purchase, the GPS account for which the service is purchased was not selected.
  • mik 9999
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks, but... So I am just screwed? Where do I go from here?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,158
     Superuser
    Hi
    @mik 9999
    Welcome to the site....]
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,330
    Hi @mik 9999
    The order has not been allocated to your account yet, you can get in touch with our customer service team (along with the order details) to sort the subscription.

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • mik 9999
    Apprentice Seeker
    I don't want to sound ungrateful for the comments so far, but all I've seen is comments about the problem, but no answers about how to solve it. So how exactly do I "contact customer support"? I've repeatedly been all over tomtom website and still don't see a way to contact customer support. All the links I have seen for contact customer support end up as dead ends. The chatbot is worthless for my issue. Tomtom does a great job of obscuring customer support it seems to me. Can anyone simply provide me with a link or email address for customer support. Please.

I received an emailed invoice Friday afternoon. It has a "contact us" link at the bottom. Like every other thing I tried, it is broken too.

"Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead
    Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to us.support.tomtom.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details. Certificate expired 6/22/2022"

So I'm not keen on going there either, especially considering tomtom's warnings about fake and spoofed emails and websites claiming to be tomtom.

I'm at about the end of my rope. I've spent several hours trying to make something happen. There's no reason that purchasing a software download should be this difficult.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,611
    Elite Voyager
    edited July 10
    @mik 9999

Contact customer service if the links take you to the homepage delete your cookies on your computer.

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560