How to get data from expired Go app

ThaJay
ThaJay Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
My TomTom Go subscription has expired. I have a lot of important locations stored in the app, but when I open it I can only see the subscribe options. Before you used to be able to go into the app and use it a little bit. Now I can't see my saved locations any more. How can I get to this data again without subscribing?

This is my data. TomTom claiming control over this data is not something I agree with. I was considering not getting a new subscription this year but because my data seems unreachable now, my decision has been made. After I get my data back, I will not pay another cent to TomTom ever again. Before this I was on the fence and could have just as easily paid for another year but now there's not a chance in hell.

I hope I can get my data back before next week without paying. If I can't, I'm afraid I'll have to get the one month subscription, copy over all my places and then burn everything TomTom related I own.

Thank you

Best Answer

• ThaJay
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    I contacted a support agent through the chat function and they were able to activate my TomTom Go Navigation account for one day so I can store my data. I am happy with this solution so I can consider subscribing again in the future.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,604
    Elite Voyager
    Have you looked on Mydrive if it was possible to recover them?
    Otherwise no other solution buy a one month subscription.
  • ThaJay
    New Seeker
    Thank you for your answer, Willy875. Unfortunately, if I log in on mydrive.tomtom.com there are no saved locations on my account.
  • ThaJay
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    I contacted a support agent through the chat function and they were able to activate my TomTom Go Navigation account for one day so I can store my data. I am happy with this solution so I can consider subscribing again in the future.