Premium service showing expired, on the GO Discover

mchllmnt
mchllmnt Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited July 7 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Like everyone else on here I have a TomTom go discover and have just renewed my premium services for it to say on my device that it’s still expired.
Has this issue not been sorted out yet?
I see everyone being told it’s an issue but haven’t seen anything about this being resolved.
Have I paid for a service that doesn’t work.
Why is it being sold on the site for these devices if there is an issue activating it?
Is it working on my device even though it say it’s expired? Will it be activated from the date I purchased it or from when the issue has been resolved if it’s not active just now?

Best Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,283
    edited July 7 Answer ✓
    Hi @mchllmnt
    Welcome to the community!
    After renewing (PREMIUM services), your GO Discover should give service updates as usual.
    The services showing expired on the device is just a visual error, we already have a ticket (CCARE-3518) opened to fix this bug.

In addition, I see you renewed LIVE Services, which isn't required for the GO Discover. You only need to renew the PREMIUM service subscription (One package for all services).

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • mchllmnt
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Vikramk Thank you for letting me know there is an issue with the viewing of an active service and that the service should be working.
    I know I renewed my live service. This was done in error and I have asked in an email to customer services if I can pay the difference to change it over to the yearly subscription of the premium service or to cancel the live service for a refund and then purchase the year’s subscription for premium.
    I know this was/is a big ask of them but I can only hope this is possible.
    Once again thank you for your assistance.

Answers

• VikramK
    edited July 7 Answer ✓
    Hi @mchllmnt
    Welcome to the community!
    After renewing (PREMIUM services), your GO Discover should give service updates as usual.
    The services showing expired on the device is just a visual error, we already have a ticket (CCARE-3518) opened to fix this bug.

In addition, I see you renewed LIVE Services, which isn't required for the GO Discover. You only need to renew the PREMIUM service subscription (One package for all services).

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • mchllmnt
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Vikramk Thank you for letting me know there is an issue with the viewing of an active service and that the service should be working.
    I know I renewed my live service. This was done in error and I have asked in an email to customer services if I can pay the difference to change it over to the yearly subscription of the premium service or to cancel the live service for a refund and then purchase the year’s subscription for premium.
    I know this was/is a big ask of them but I can only hope this is possible.
    Once again thank you for your assistance.
  • relex
    relex Registered Users Posts: 8
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited July 15
    I bought the GO Discover Premium Services for a year, the services are still showing expired on my device. Device is connected to the internet and MyDrive. Can someone please support?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,507
    Revered Voyager
    edited July 15
    Services showing expired on device is a known issue, Tomtom has opened a ticket > -CCARE-3518
  • Elton
    Elton AmmanfordRegistered Users Posts: 59
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    I renewed the premium services for my Go Discover yesterday afternoon but there has been no update offered to my device. Thought this would be an instant digital happening ... clearly not.
    The device is still reporting the services as Expired.
    Anyone help me please.

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,135
     Superuser
    edited July 13
    Hi
    @Elton
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    Hi @Elton
    I have merged your discussion into this topic where we are tracking similar reports.
    I see the premium service you renewed are showing active on your device. See my explanation above

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • Elton
    Elton AmmanfordRegistered Users Posts: 59
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Thank you for the explanation Vikram.

• relex
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited July 15
    Any idea how long it will take to fix the issue?
  • GingerWalker
    GingerWalker Registered Users Posts: 9
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited July 21
    Yesterday I asked about a renewal for my Tomtom Go which had the premium service that needed updating. After receiving good advice from this group I purchased the Premium Service at the cost of £34.99. Although the speed cameras updated immediately the premium service hasn't. On the order it states that this is "inprogress." Today the old service expired and I have had an email saying that the price has been reduced by £3.50. My question is how do you talk to someone at Tomtom about fixing the update and is it always cheaper to let things expire before renewing?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    edited July 21
    Vous avez acheté ce service https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/maps-services/go-discover-premium-services/

If on the device you see that the services have expired, this is a known issue, Tomtom has opened a ticket > -CCARE-3518

To talk to someone there is only by chat.
  • GingerWalker
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited July 21
    Thanks for this, however, what does "Tomtom has opened a ticket" mean? Why is it cheaper to let things expire before renewal?
    I should say I'm an OAP and I'm asking stupid questions because I don't understand, Sorry
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    ""ticket > -CCARE-3518"""
    means that Tomtom is looking for a solution to fix this bug.
  • GingerWalker
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited July 25
    I recently posted about what I thought a possible scam, which due to members on this site, was not, and as a result I renewed my Premier Service. My service expired on the 21st July and I had several reminders via email. On the 20th July I renewed and received an invoice and subsequently a receipt for the fully amount of £34.99. I was unable to get my Tomtom to register the update and ended up chatting to a really help person who explained that there was a known problem and that the system was working correctly in the background. On the 21st I also received an email from Tomtom saying that my service had expired but not to worry, As a sweetener I could get a reduction and only pay £31.45. I had already renewed and as I was told it was working I wasn't really bothered about this £3.50. However on 23rd July I got a further email saying I could renew it with a 30% discount, a new cost of £24.49. Today I have been out my vehicle and used my Tomtom. I looked up to see a tricky multi junction to see half my 6 inch screen taken up with a notice saying that my services had expired and I should renew. So far I have lost £10.50 and the system is not working correctly. Any thoughts on what I should do next.
  • relex
    Apprentice Traveler
    @Willy875 do you have visibility on the status? Im still not having the services on my device eg. speed cams