android auto speech problem

doctormstein1
doctormstein1 Registered Users Posts: 160
Sovereign Trailblazer
On my wired android auto when using the go navigation app, I get occasionally slight garbled speech. Does anyone have this problem?

Best Answers

• knxrb
    knxrb Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    Answer ✓
    It's also worth noting that AmiGo audio works perfectly, as does Google Maps audio, and Spotify, it's only TomTom GO that has the problem.
  • MarquisFreeman
    MarquisFreeman Registered Users Posts: 19
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Answer ✓
    In the Android app, under Settings | Sounds & Warning | Audio output, it has 6 options!

I never listen to any Navigation app, just listen to streaming music in the car, so I'm not a good person to verify what works.

But whichever of the 6 choices (seems to Default to Music channel).

Did you try each of the other 5 choices?
    (I know that sounds tedious, but not sure if you saw these options and was thinking about this post)

Good luck
  • knxrb
    Master Traveler
    Answer ✓
    In the Android app, under Settings | Sounds & Warning | Audio output, it has 6 options!

I never listen to any Navigation app, just listen to streaming music in the car, so I'm not a good person to verify what works.

(I know that sounds tedious, but not sure if you saw these options and was thinking about this post)

Good luck

Yeah, thanks for the information but I've been through those with Support already; only 2 or 3 of them output to the car and the rest output on my phone speakers instead, regardless of if I connect via USB cable, Bluetooth, or Wireless AA. The channels that output to the car have the audio problems unfortunately.

The only thing that fixes it is choosing the US Samantha voice, any other voice audio has the issue.

Answers

• MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 677
    Revered Pioneer
    No and never.

In Android I switched off all green features, enabled all needed background rights.

As suggested by TT staffs and other forum members I am using a TT-Voice of type "Computer".
    Additionally the multimedia function in Andrid-BT is set to "Disabled".
  • knxrb
    Master Traveler
    I get this too using any voice other than Samantha (US). Support told me it's a known issue and will be fixed but my subscription ends in 6 days, if it's not fixed soon then I've got no reason to continue.

The garbled audio happens with any voice except the Samantha voice, any time it speaks.
  • knxrb
    Master Traveler
    Answer ✓
    It's also worth noting that AmiGo audio works perfectly, as does Google Maps audio, and Spotify, it's only TomTom GO that has the problem.
  • MarquisFreeman
    MarquisFreeman Registered Users Posts: 19
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Answer ✓

Good luck
  • knxrb
    Master Traveler
    Answer ✓

Good luck

Yeah, thanks for the information but I've been through those with Support already; only 2 or 3 of them output to the car and the rest output on my phone speakers instead, regardless of if I connect via USB cable, Bluetooth, or Wireless AA. The channels that output to the car have the audio problems unfortunately.

The only thing that fixes it is choosing the US Samantha voice, any other voice audio has the issue.