Speed camera Updates

Ummagumma
Ummagumma Registered Users Posts: 25
Outstanding Wayfarer
Hi I have an old Start 25 and as a back up I have been using it for speed camera alerts, but I updated the lifetime maps the other day and its wiped or deactivated the old speed cameras from the device. This is a bit annoying as it was working fine until the map update. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,035
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Ummagumma

As a guess you do not have a current subscription for Speed Camera Alerts on your Start 25. Tomtom changed their Terms and Conditions such that when you have no current subscription then the service stops and the display ceases. Historically they did not take steps to remove the last list of Cameras supplied prior to the end of the service you had paid for. They now actively delete the speed Camera details on your device whenever you update the map.

The cameras will return if the unit is still supported and you purchase the service.

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,035
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Ummagumma

As a guess you do not have a current subscription for Speed Camera Alerts on your Start 25. Tomtom changed their Terms and Conditions such that when you have no current subscription then the service stops and the display ceases. Historically they did not take steps to remove the last list of Cameras supplied prior to the end of the service you had paid for. They now actively delete the speed Camera details on your device whenever you update the map.

The cameras will return if the unit is still supported and you purchase the service.

Doug
  • Ummagumma
    Ummagumma Registered Users Posts: 25
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Ummagumma

Doug

Thanks for the quick answer Doug, Yeah I hadn't renewed the subscription since I got a car with built in satnav. I just kept the old TomTom in the car under the seat and its been giving the speed camera alerts for over 3 years, I just thought I'd update the free lifetime maps as a back up and it deactivated the speed cameras.