GO 6000 not apparently updating maps

JNR2005
JNR2005 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
I have just started to use my GO 6000 Model 4FL60 and have tried to update the maps using MyDrive Connect. Smaller updates such as the speed camera updates are apparently successfully updated via MyDrive but when I attempt update the latest map update the device shows that it is connected to the computer and MyDrive just sits showing 'Updating device' and just stays like that for hours.

I have tried resetting the device both a soft reset and factory reset and still nothing appears to happen.
I have installed a new 32GB SD card and it is recognised by the device so there is plenty of space.

As an update, my GO 600 about info shows;

Application version: 21.200.0003.311 (0) (09/11/2021).

Installed maps: Europe with United Kingdom and Ireland buildings v1005.8757 54 months old (released 01/2018.

Free space: 292MB internal memory; 31.84 GB Memory Card
This tells me that the map is not updating!!

Is there a device system update or firmware update that would assist this issue?
Or
Is there something else which I should/could do?

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,290
    Answer ✓
    Hi @JNR2005
    Welcome to the community!
    We have activated a different map of Europe on your account. This map should get offered in smaller map regions/countries.
    Could you try few steps as below-

1. Remove the memory card and format it on a computer.
    2. Without inserting the memory card, connect the device and check for updates.
    3. Download a small map region/country that will fit easily on the internal memory.
    4. Disconnect the device and do a soft reset.
    5. Insert the memory card and format it when the device prompts.
    6. Connect the device to the computer and check for new map updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,290
    Answer ✓
    Hi @JNR2005
    Welcome to the community!
    We have activated a different map of Europe on your account. This map should get offered in smaller map regions/countries.
    Could you try few steps as below-

1. Remove the memory card and format it on a computer.
    2. Without inserting the memory card, connect the device and check for updates.
    3. Download a small map region/country that will fit easily on the internal memory.
    4. Disconnect the device and do a soft reset.
    5. Insert the memory card and format it when the device prompts.
    6. Connect the device to the computer and check for new map updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • bebila
    bebila Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    I am also having a problem downloading a map of france gets to 90% and goes no further
  • JNR2005
    JNR2005 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you Vikram,
    This appears to be working. A lengthy process but worthwhile. :):)
    Regards
    Jon